221-240

Chapter 221 - The Luo God Clan

The curtains closed on the fierce battle that took place at the Battle Spirit Stage, leaving many surprised expressions in the crowd. The spectators studied the tattered remains of the battle stage and couldn't help clicking their tongues. They understood that, from this day onwards, the freshman known as Mu Chen would be renowned throughout the Northern Heavens Spiritual Academy.

Even though he only had a Heavenly Fusion Stage Initial Phase cultivation, he'd endured two moves from Li Xuantong. Then he'd swapped to offense for the last move, and even then he'd been able to wound Li Xuantong.

Such an accomplishment would make even the seniors exclaim in admiration. A freshman was actually able to do all that! Regardless of whether it was his courage or his methods, they felt admiration towards Mu Chen's qualities.

This didn't mean that Mu Chen was strong enough to take down Li Xuantong, but everyone knew that if he was given another year to train, it might not be impossible.

Within a year, his name would probably appear in the Northern Heavens Spiritual Academy's top 3 Heavenly Ranking.

The battle was finally over. However, everyone understood that the ripples caused by this battle would influence the Northern Heavens Spiritual Academy for a long time. Mu Chen's fame in the Northern Heavens Spiritual Academy skyrocketed.

He was well-known before, but this pushed his name to much greater heights. Even though Mu Chen had given an outstanding performance at the Freshmen's Competition and attracted the attention of a few seniors, he still couldn't have compared to Li Xuantong. Back then, there was no way he could've achieved as much fame as he had this time around.

After this battle, Mu Chen's name soared within the Northern Heavens Spiritual Academy.

For the few days after the battle, Mu Chen cultivated in a small building. Even though he'd been injured in the battle, it was nothing serious; they were far lighter than the injuries he'd sustained while fighting Liu Jingshan, so he managed to recover in only half a day. However, he knows that this battle had caused huge ripples. He was also too lazy to go out and deal with the people who, undoubtedly, noticed him now.

Mu Chen quietly sat in his room. The Spiritual Energy surged around him. His breathing was as steady as a mountain and had vigour to it. Even though it'd been a desperate battle with Li Xuantong, he'd reaped quite a few benefits from it.

He'd gotten the chance to test the strength of a Heavenly Transform Stage. If he ever faced someone of that cultivation again, he'd know what to expect from his experience. Even though he'd successfully confronted Li Xuantong this time, it also served as a lesson as to how powerful Li Xuantong was.

If it hadn't been for the pact of three moves, Mu Chen would've been forced to borrow the power of the Nine Netherbird to defeat Li Xuantong. However, that wasn't the kind of victory that Mu Chen wanted. Even though Li Xuantong had stood between himself and Luo Li, Mu Chen honestly didn't harbor any ill will towards him. Even though Li Xuantong was his opponent, he was someone worth regarding. If it wasn't a life or death battle, then Mu Chen didn't want to borrow someone else's power to obtain a victory over him. That was his pride, as well as his way of showing respect towards the opponents he acknowledged.

Of course, if his opponent had been someone like Liu Qingshan, then Mu Chen wouldn't have thought twice about whether to play fair or foul.

The reason why Mu Chen treated Li Xuantong as a true competitor was because he wanted to compete against Li Xuantong in a fair fight. Without any restrictions or aids. He wanted a true victory over Li Xuantong.