1001-1020

Chapter 1001 - Harvest

In the distorted space, countless streaks of light flew with droplets of Lightning Essence flickering with silver light, emitting rumbling thunder.

Whoosh!

In the sky filled with streaks of light, there were five that swiftly travelled and powerful suction forces exploded from each of them, pulling over the nearby streaks of light over.

Boom! Boom!

When the streaks of light charged over, numerous painful wails and howls resounded. Those voices were extremely mournful, which made this space seem a little eerie and would have one's blood run cold.

But at the front of those few streaks of light, Mu Chen was leading and was quietly sitting on the lightning mat. The suction force that exploded from his body was extremely powerful, so the streaks of light that he had pulled were also the most amongst the five of them.

With the True Dragon and Phoenix Tattoos to protect himself, he did not have any worries like Han Shan, Mo Feng and the rest. Regardless of anything, he had to first enjoy the things here before speaking.

Poof! Poof!

One streak of light after another charged over and shot into his body. As the Lightning Essences entered his body, he was swept by intense pain and his entire body was covered in blood. From the top to the bottom, there wasn't an intact piece of flesh. He looked mutilated, and his looks couldn't be seen.

While his body was being mutilated, the True Dragon and Phoenix Tattoos on his arms were flickering with purple-golden lustres, as if they were rejoicing and greedily devouring the energy of the Lightning Essences that entered Mu Chen's body. At the same time, they had also issued draconic roars and phoenix cries, which were enduring the intense pain in Mu Chen's stead.

However, even with their help, Mu Chen was still tortured by the intense pain to the point that he was dizzy and could only rely on his instincts and willpower to pull the streaks of light over.

Furthermore, his suction speed was getting faster to the point that as long as there were any streaks of light that passed by him, they would all be forcefully absorbed by him.

His insane absorption had caused Han Shan and the rest to feel their scalps going numb. Looking at the figure that was covered in blood by the Lightning Essences, they all felt fear in their hearts.

That fellow was simply a madman!

Even with their Divine Beast Physiques, they did not dare to absorb this way. But as a human, Mu Chen had achieved it. Seeing his actions, Han Shan and the rest couldn't help doubting themselves...

Who's the Divine Beast here?

Han Shan and the rest glanced in the distance as they were getting closer to the light halo. At this moment, they had already travelled half the distance so, not long from now, they would enter the fourth level. At that time, the opportunity for them to baptise their bodies would also be lost.

But even if they knew that there weren't many opportunities left, the four of them had inwardly shaken their heads and they gradually slowed down their absorption rate. That's because they could sense that their bodies were on the verge of being unable to bear the intense pain brought by the baptism.

If they were to force their way, they might damage their bodies instead, which the gains wouldn't make up for the loss.

As for Mu Chen... that fellow should have used some special means. Otherwise, he wouldn't be mad to that degree.

"They're simply benefitting that fellow!"

Zong Teng's face grew dark since he realised that Mu Chen, whom he had not placed much importance on, had been surpassing him time and time again after entering the Body Refining Pagoda, causing him to eat dust.