281-300

Chapter 281 - Bald Old Man

Lightning Territory Eighth Level

Behind the lightning river screen, a light image, along with the roar of a dragon as it flashed out, appeared on the horizon.

Huuu

The light dissipated as Mu Chen couldn't help heavily breathe out a lump of air. His eyes were filled with a grave light. The lightning river screen was, indeed, powerful and the impact was way too horrifying.

However, fortunately, he had the Dragon Soaring Art. Adding the fact that when he was in the Northern Spiritual Academy initially, he received some teachings from Teacher Mo and underwent similar training. Although this lightning river screen was several folds more fearsome, Mu Chen was able to charge through the lightning river screen with his speed after having some experience.

"I wonder how Shen Cangsheng and Li Xuantong made their way here, through speed or force?" Mu Chen mumbled to himself. Although Mu Chen's method was a little cheap, speed was also an embodiment of one's strength.

Mu Chen shook his head, thereafter, he raised his head and looked at the Eighth Level of the Lightning Territory, an area meant for outstanding students in the Northern Heavens Spiritual Academy. But prior to Mu Chen's expectations, there wasn't any darkness in the horizon, nor was there any dark thundercloud groups. On the contrary, the sky was clear.

The entire space was quiet and peaceful.

Mu Chen was a little startled as he looked at the scene before him. Clearly, he never expected the Eighth Level to be so quiet.

"Why isn't there any thunderclouds?" Mu Chen frowned. He also didn't feel any tyrannical lightning energy in this space. Just what was going on?

"Fly towards the left for a hundred miles." The Nine Netherbird's solemn voice suddenly resounded from his heart. The Nine Netherbird's senses were clearly way more powerful than Mu Chen's. And towards the left, it sensed some ripples.

Mu Chen nodded as his figure moved, flying towards the direction that was pointed out by the Nine Netherbird. A few minutes later, his figure slowly came to a stop as he looked at the scene before him, and he became dumbfounded.

It was a vast plain and on the plain, flowed a huge river. This river wasn't any ordinary river, but a river made from silvery lightning water. Furthermore, the flow of this lightning river did not come in contact with the ground, but was flowing to a certain distance above the ground, floating. It wiggled slowly, with a slow pace as it flowed towards the distance.

It's appearance was like a huge silver dragon that was moving about.

Hissssss

Mu Chen couldn't help inhaling a deep breath of cold air. He never imagine in his wildest imaginations that the Eighth Level would be so fearsome that the lightning energy had actually condensed and form a lightning river...

In the Seventh Level, Mu Chen attracted more than ten thunderclouds before a small lightning river was formed. But from the looks of this lightning river, it was beyond comparison to the one he formed. And clearly, this wasn't the only lightning river in the Eighth Level.

"It's indeed worthy of being the Eighth Level of the Lightning Territory."

Mu Chen sighed. No wonder the requirements were so harsh to enter the Eighth Level. If one didn't possess the sufficient strength, it would be hard for them to get any results from cultivating here.

"Let's begin refining the Divine Lightning Beads." Mu Chen spoke in his heart. Clearly, the task of refining the Divine Lightning Beads was up to the Nine Netherbird. Otherwise, with his strength, god knows how long it would take for him to refine the Divine Lightning Beads that were worth over 2,000,000 Spiritual Value Points.