Chapter 3

"It's a long way to the mountains from here so it might take us a day or two." Dororo raises a brow. "Us?" He askes. You nod your head yes. "These woods are dangerous and I know the best short cuts. Besides, i'd rather try my chances here than stay a second longer at that cart."

Although Dororo seems surprised at your willingness to stay, he doesn't question it and keeps walking forward. Already in the few hours you spent walking with the boys, you're slightly annoyed. Dororo is, well, a talker. Every second he felt he'd had to say something. Whether it's about how long the journey is or about how he feels, he knows how to drag it out.

Even if you currently feel like ripping out your ear drums, you say nothing and listen anyway. Only tuning out the things you felt were unimportant. The negative emotion melts away when you take in the scenery before you. It's quite a beautiful evening. The trees stand strong while the bright green leaves blow ever so gently in the wind.

The sun gives off a warmth to make anyone want to bathe in its light. To top it all off, the sweet melody of nature engulfs the whole forest in its song. Yes, quite a beautiful day indeed. "Hello, earth to (y/n). Anybody in there." Dororo asks sarcastically. You snap out of your daze but don't turn your head in the childs direction. Instead, you give a simple hum as a response. Dororo brows furrow. "Did you even hear me?"

"Nope." You answer nonchalantly. Crossing his arms, the kid huffs. "You know," starts off Dororo "it's rude to ignore somebody." You wait a minute before responding. "Huh. Did you say something?" Dororo brow visibly twitches in anger. Such an action causes you to smirk. Teasing him is easy.

"Look, I just want to know about you." Dororo says. "We are going to spend awhile together." His curiosity is adorable. Out of all the things, Dororo wanted to know more about you. Smiling brightly, you respond to his demand. "Oh, you want to know more about little ol me huh. Alright. You have three questions."

Dororo stares at you in confusion. "Only three?" He asks. "Yes only three. That's question number 1." His eyes widen in shock.

"Wait, what?"

"I said only three questions. That's number 2. You got one more left."

As Dororo's eyes widen more, he quickly tries to clear things up. "Hold on that's not fair!" He stomps in mild rage. "I don't understand. You asked two questions and one is left. How is that not fair?" Dororo face turns red as he continues. Such an amusing sight.

"It doesn't count cause you caught me off guard."

"So, you didn't ask me anything just now?" You retort.

"Well.. I... You see..." You can see the gears turn in Dororo's head as he tries to find the best answer. Instead of continuing, he just crosses his arms and huffs in defeat. A light chuckle escapes your throat while your shoulders gently shake. Grinning, you ruffle Dororo's hair. "Hey, kid." You say trying to grab back his attention. Dororo just grunts in response, sounding like a baby pig in the process. Giggling, you proceed. "You still have one question left."

He doesn't turn towards you like you thought he would. He faces away instead, refusing to look you in the eyes. Must be embarrassed. "I knew that." Dororo states matter of factly while simultaneously his cheeks start to turn rosie pink. Even though he still refuses to make eye contact, he moves on with the query. It doesn't take long for him to think of one.

"Where were you born?" Well, shit. Out of all the things to ask, he chose that. I mean it's not out of the ordinary but couldn't he just ask what your favorite color is or something. It's just you don't really like talking about your past. It brings up bad memories that wants to be forgotten.

Your throat dries up as you start to sweat a little. Your heart tinges with pain as you try to forget. You have to come up with a response and fast. You've already wasted enough time as it is. So, you felt the best solution was to go the smartass route. "Technically,  I never said I had to answer those question." You respond smirking at your cleverness.

Dororo mouth hangs a gape as he finally finds the courage to look you in the eyes. "Hey!" He yells, distraught. "You can't do that!" He finishes. Your smirk only grows. "Technically, I just did."