Epilogue

Jordan followed her mother into the kitchen and handed a dish to Robin.

"This looks delicious, Jordan. Thank you."

Pierce waved and pulled a roasted turkey from the oven. The turkey sizzled as he set it on the counter to carve.

"It was so nice of you to invite us for Thanksgiving dinner," Mandy said. She looked around conspiratorially and whispered to Minjun who stood by the counter, "Jordan is excited to see Jinho. She hasn't seen him since he went off to the University. But don't tell her I said that."

"I'm standing right here, mom." Jordan shook her head and rolled her eyes at Robin who nodded at the dining room.

"Thanks, Jordan. This looks great." She took a casserole dish from Jordan's hands and set it on the table. It was already laded with a ham and sweet potatoes, several salads, and three kinds of bread. Robin wrapped her arm around Jordan's waist and gave her a hug as they walked back to the kitchen. "The guys are all in the other room. Scheming, if Evan has anything to do with it."

"Mmm, smells good!" Farmer walked in and patted Pierce on the back as he carved the turkey. He stepped over to Minjun and shook hands with him. "And how is your new University job going, Minjun?"

"Very well, though students are easily distracted. Biome construction is not for students easily distracted. How is your new business going?"

"Advanced farming techniques are not for farm boys who are easily distracted." They both laughed. "Actually, I'm really enjoying working with the smaller farms...families who have had their land for many generations are all very motivated to find ways to compete with corporate American greed. How is your citizenship going?"

"Good! The University Regent is very impressed with my work and he has helped me find an attorney who specializes in citizenship. He petitioned the attorney who initially filled out my paperwork. Of course, he was one of Maverick's attorneys and, well, we know what kind of trouble they're in. It may be a while before we hear anything." He shook his head ruefully, then brightened. "But I have big news! Jinho's mother has been given permission to visit."

"Oh, Minjun, that is wonderful news!" Mandy gave Minjun a quick hug. "Jinho must be ecstatic."

"Yes! She should be here just before Christmas. And how is Jordan?" Minjun asked Mandy.

"She's good. No symptoms since...well since, you know." She did an impression with her hands of something blowing up.

"And she's leaving since you all keep talking about her like she's not in the room."

Farmer laughed. "You can come back to help with dishes later."

"And it's like we never left the dome after all," Jordan said as she headed out of the kitchen to join the guys in the living room.

All three had video game controllers in their hands. She hung back to watch them for a moment. Jinho had clearly never played. His arms flew around wildly as he maneuvered his character, and he ducked and dodged with everything happening in front of him. He looked different, but Jordan couldn't put a finger on what it was.

Evan and Andrew, on the other hand, were relaxed and holding their controllers lightly, faces filled with concentration. Andrew paused to point out a key on the controller that Jinho should use.

"Incoming!" Jordan yelled as she ran to the couch and jumped across their bodies. The controllers fell to the ground as she fell across their laps.

"Oh, you asked for it now!" Andrew yelled. He started tickling her.

"Oh, no you don't!" Evan yelled as she squirmed away. "Hold her feet, Jinho!"

"Give! I give!"

Andrew pushed her off his lap, and she spilled to the floor laughing. He picked up his controller and went back to the game. Jinho held his controller out to Jordan and she shook her head. "All yours. I heard your mom is coming."