👥092

warning: this is poorly written :')
•••

Left. Right. Left. Right. Jeongguk shifted his weight from his one side to the other. His fingers were fidgeting as he waited in front of Jimin's door.

As planned, he had texted Jimin that he was standing outside. Jeongguk figured Jimin needed some time to make up an excuse to go downstairs and open the door for him without Yun catching on their game.

Jeongguk already felt bad for involving Jimin into their fight in such a way but he honestly he had no other option. He felt helpless, pressed against the wall, caged in a corner. It was either this or letting go but pure panic consumed Jeongguk by only the thought of never seeing the girl again. Never talking to her again. Never receiving dumb memes at two o'clock in the morning again.

No, Jeongguk could feel his whole body tense up in disagreement by this thought. He could throw up, cry and punch a wall all at the same time thinking about messing this up.

He had this one chance and he felt the air being sucked out of his lungs when Jimin suddenly opened the door in front of him.

Jimin's usual soft features were tensed into a stern frown. 

"She's upstairs."

The male simply instructed and invited the younger inside.

Left. Right. Left. Right.

Jeongguk focused on his feet going into the house, one step after another. He suddenly felt so dizzy. Pictures of his mess of an apartment flooded his mind accompanied by memories of sleepless nights. He feared the thought of going through all of that all over again.

He was about to reach the top of the stairs when he was pulled out of his thoughts.

"Jeongguk."

The called male looked down to see Jimin staring at him intensely.

"I just saw her smile for the first time in days. Don't make me regret letting you in."

The younger felt his mouth go dry by this. He slowly nodded and continued his way to Jimin's room.

There it was. Another door. Another door separating him from her. But this time he knew all he had to do was open it, no one was going to stop him. And somehow this made everything so much harder. It was his choice, his way, his fault if he fails now.

He won't be able to blame his failure on parents who don't let him in, neither on Jimin, on Yun herself or anyone else.

In. Out. In. Out. Jeongguk slowed down his breathing, his thoughts and worries racing through his head. He really should think well of what he is going to say.

But somehow, Jeongguk just pushed the door open. His mind went blank as he entered the poorly illuminated room.

He didn't think at all. He was ready for all the hatred, all the insults and all the screaming. Only his eyes were focused on searcing a figure in the dark room. His gaze stopped at a small silhouette on the bed, illuminated by a small lamp on the nightstand next to the bed as the only source of light.

"Jimin?"

Yun's voice reached out weakly, still mistaking the intruder for her friend. Without thinking, Jeongguk approached the girl, revealing his true identy along the way.

Jeongguk couldn't stop. He didn't seem to care how weak the other's voice sounded or the simple fact that she mistook him for someone else. He was high by the pure happiness of seeing the girl. It was like everything around him didn't matter anymore, he mindlessly aimed for Yun to touch and engulf.