Part 7

Confused, I slipped on a hoodie with my leggings and snook downstairs. Without even a few seconds later, I saw Freddy come down the stairs towards the door. I followed him out the door in complete silence, and after he shut it, he started walking towards the woods that are quite close to my house. I was feeling quite awkward as we weren't speaking and the air around us was quite thick.
"Are you cold?" Freddy asked, breaking my thoughts.
"Um, no." I replied, gaining a nod back.

We kept on walking into the woods until we stopped at a bench. Freddy sat down on one side, so I sat down too.
"Do you know why I was adopted?" He asked, staring into nothing. I tried to hide how my eyes widened at his sentence; if there's one thing about Freddy, it's that he doesn't open up to anyone.
"Um, no I don't." I said softly, scared to say something wrong. I glanced up at him, but quickly averted my eyes elsewhere.
"My dad was abusive. He would beat the shit out of me everyday for no reason at all. He'd beat my mom too, call her names, threaten to leave. This was the routine everyday until one day I came home to police everywhere. I was confused to what was happening until I walked into the living room and saw my mom dead on the floor. She killed herself because  of that bastard, and I found out that he ran away as soon as he heard the news." He took a shaky breath.
"You don't have to say anymore." I managed to get out, barely getting my head around what Freddy had just told me. I moved closer to him and rested my head on his shoulder. I didn't know if that was the right thing to do so I was about to pull away when I felt his head gently rest on mine.

We stayed in that position for a few minutes, the only sound was the rustle of leaves and the occasional bird.
"I'm sorry for going to that party." I whispered.
"It's ok." Freddy whispered back. He lifted his head off of mine and I lifted my head off his shoulder. I looked up at him to be met with Freddy already looking at me straight in the eyes, as if following my every movement. As I was looking at him, I felt his hand carefully slide on to my thigh, causing me to look down at where his hand was. Freddy used his other hand to slowly turn my head to him. I knew what we were about to do was wrong, but I couldn't help it. I started leaning forward as Freddy did the same, our lips finally touching. I put my right hand on his chest as the kiss deepened, it still being soft as if Freddy was scared to hurt me. My hand started going from his chest to the back of his neck, his hands on my waist as he pulled me closer to him. The kiss started to get more intense, and I couldn't help but crave his lips more and more. The feeling inside me was burning as we kept on kissing, as if this was all I ever wanted. Freddy pulled me onto his lap, his hands resting on my lower waist. His tongue roamed my mouth as he led the kiss, his dominance showing. Out of breath, we pulled away, but his hands stayed where they were. I slowly opened my eyes, staring into Freddy's as if I couldn't look away. I wanted to kiss him again until the realisation of what we were doing hit me. I climbed off his lap as he awkwardly pulled his hands away.
"Um, we should um, go back." I stuttered, him nodding as he got up.
"Yeah, uh sure." We both left the woods in silence, not daring to say anything about what just happened.

As we got to my front door, Freddy let me in first, shutting it behind him quietly. We crept back up the stairs, luckily no one being awake. Freddy stopped at my door just as I was about to go in.
"Thanks for listening." He said, gently tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.
"Thank you for telling me." I replied, before opening the door as quietly as I could.
"Goodnight." I whispered, just before shutting the door.
"Goodnight." Freddy replied as he then walked off into his own room.