Chapter 3

The bell rang loud and clear as a sign of that class has ended. Theo stood and Luna joined too, 

"So, what are you doing at break? You could hang with me if you like?" suggested Theo with an embarrassed smirk. 

"Erm, sure. I don't know anyone here, so thank you for the offer", her eyes twinkled at him and he went weak in the knees and proceeded to walk her out of the class room. They walked down the white, long corridor, 

"Have you recently moved here?" Theo spoke to distract the silence.

"Yes, I've moved here with my grandfather. We lived in just a little city and decided for a change in scenery so we came here."

"Your grandfather? Where's your parents? If you don't mind me asking?" He blushed and looked down at his feet.

"He's is the only person I have left, my parents died when I was six in a car crash, and my grandfathers been there ever since" She felt a tear come to get eyelids but pushed it away. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Are you ok? I didn't mean to upset you, we dont have to talk about it anymore" he stopped and stood in front of her as he lifted her head up into his hands and wipe the one tear away. 

"No, it's fine, i'm fine. I just dont talk about it that much, it upsets my grandfather, he been through too much." she placed her hand on top of his and they began to walk side by side down the hall.