Chapter 4

I still occasionally question Freddy about what his hours are so I can visit him, but he never answers. I decided to write in my diary.

Dear diary,

Rae still hasn't woken up yet. I'm slowly losing hope by the hour. I can't let the others know, they wouldn't be happy. The last thing I wanna do is upset the only people that except me. not only that, I'm worried about Freddy. I feel like he's hiding something but I don't wanna upset him by asking. i mean, how bad can it be? it's just harmless Freddy being Freddy. I don't know why I worry myself. well, that's all for today. goodbye diary.

As I stood up to leave a doctor stopped me at the door. he looks at me with concern and sadness in her eyes, "we just found out who shot you're friend. there's a police officer in the lobby waiting to explain everything." I felt my heart sink. I raced to the elevator rapidly pressing the button, it wouldn't open. so I raced down 4 flights of stairs and when I finally reached the lobby I saw Jaiden in the lobby talking to someone. I slowly approached him, not knowing how I'll react. I sat down with a blank stare on my face as the man filled me in. "You're friend Freddy," he took a shaky breath and continued, "He was the one who shot Rae, and the doctors don't think she'll make it. I'm sorry kid."