Adrian

Who was she meeting? Alya had a look of confusion on her face too, so it didn't seem worth it to ask her. I went to the bathroom transforming. I know it seemed like a bad idea but... I needed to know... I slipped out one of the windows, finding marinette only about a block away. I stayed hidden watching as she went to the Louvre. She seemed nervous, stressed about something. She had been on edge during class... what was going on?

I heard someone call her name and watched as her entire face lit up like a kid on Christmas morning. I felt my ears flatten against my head as she threw herself into his arms. I could hear their laughs Echo off the buildings as they sat down talking about something. Her entire demeanor was different. She was always so nervous around me, I just figured she was like that around everyone... she was nervous all the time unless it was a situation that she needed to take control... and in those situations, her inner ladybug showed. This was... this was so different. She was confident and... happy. A different kind of happy. And she was...

She was kissing him. Everything around me slowed down. The girl of my dreams, the girl that I loved with all of my heart... was kissing another man. I turned and left, leaping from building to building ending up at the Eiffel tower. I sat at the very top looking over the city, feeling tears in my eyes. How could I go on like this? How could I continue to fight at her side without talking to her about this?

"Plagg claws out," I whispered detransforming. I pulled the ring off holding it in my palm. "Maybe... maybe Paris needs a new chat noir. Maybe she needs a new partner."

"Adrien don't be stupid." plagg said "just talk to her. It's going to be fine." "no! I can't go to her when I know she's with someone else! How am I supposed to-"

"Lupus" a familiar voice echoed in my head " you've been hurt by the one who you truly love, she's rejected you and replaced you with someone else." I gritted my teeth tears running down my face.

"Adrien! Adrien don't listen! Adrien, you're stronger than him you don't need him!" I swatted at the annoying voice listening to the deeper one.

"She betrayed your loyalty and trust. I can give you the ability to regain that, I can give you the ability to make anyone you choose fully devoted to you. No one will ever abandon or dismiss you again. All I ask in return is that you bring me ladybug and chat noir's miraculous," I gritted my teeth squeezing my eyes shut. I should be able to say no, I was stronger than this. "I can give you everything you've been missing." I opened my eyes

"Yes, Hawkmoth."