Steve

(bearded steve, and reader has glasses;))

"Denise! I need you to hurry up on those plates! Matt! We have two open tables that need to be cleaned! And Brooke, I need you to seat those people. Let's go people!" I clapped giving orders as everyone did as told.

I own a restaurant and on Saturday's. It's very packed. So can you guess what day it is? Saturday!

"Hey Y/n..." I turned around and wiped my hands on my apron. "Yes Jasmine." I smiled at the new worker and fixed my glasses. "I'm so sorry but I dropped a glass..." She said embarrassingly. "That's ok sweetheart, was there something in the glass?" I asked and held her shoulders. "No ma'am." She responded keeping eye contact. "Good, then I need you to rush and clean that up, you know where the broom is right?" She nodded. "You know what to do." I winked and walked around her out of the kitchen.

I started walking towards the bar part of the restaurant and slipped in and started making myself a glass of scotch. "How you doing Amber!" I asked my bartender as I started helping her. "Well... Since Brandon took off today I have been... Very busy." She served the next beer for the man who kept wiggling his eyebrows at her. "I trust you hun. You got this under control. We have about 2 hours before things calm down. Then your off." I smiled at her as she just smiled tiredly. I paused as she went and grabbed a new beer for the same guy.

"Why don't you go serve a couple tables, I got the bar tending under control." I looked at her as she stared surprisingly. "Are you sure?" She had asked just in case. "Didn't I tell you I was once a bar tender? The best there was at that pub. Trust me, I'm fine sweetheart."

I fixed my glasses quickly and smiled brightly at the young bartender. "Jasmine'll need help, and you know that." I winked at her and hip bumped her out the bar. "Thank you." She smiled and did as told smiling.

"Can I get a glass of whiskey ma'am?" I heard a man say making me turn around and be greeted with a nice looking bearded man with blue eyes. "Oh," I whispered to myself. "Yes you can sir." I smiled and turned around making his glass quickly as I was reminded of the fast movement behind the bar.

I put a coaster down and put the glass down on top of the coaster. "Here's your whiskey." I smiled at him as he looked surprised. "That was fast..." I just smiled brighter. "Thank you." I turned again and watched over everything.

Ive been maintaining the bar for a while but then I heard a loud bang in the kitchen making me turn around. "Oh god." I whispered. "Amber! Sorry hun but I need you to take over the bar." She served her drinks to the customers she was waiting then did as told and took my place as I was already walking to the kitchen.

I walked through the doors and saw the big fire in the kitchen on the stove. I turned to Caleb who was closer to me and said. "Close the doors, make sure no customers see or panic." I walked towards the stove and easily picked up the pan seeing the burnt chicken and laid my hands on the fire as it slowly absorbed itself into my body.

Soon enough the fire was gone and my workers had calmed themselves. "Who was cooking the chicken?" I turned around seeing some scared and some in awe because of what just happened.

"I was..." I looked up seeing Kayla raise her hand. "Next time you make chicken keep it on a medium level, don't raise it because you think it's taking too long. The customers may be upset but they would be very upset if the restaurant burns down." I walked towards her. "Take a break ok, you just need a minute to relax." I smiled at I patted her back.

"Alright people we still got customers, We got an hour till we close so let's serve the last round!" I ordered as they all went to work.

I looked down at my hands and paused. "Y/n... We got a guy over here who won't calm down. He's screaming at people." Matt told me. "He's at the bar?" He just nodded and pointed to the guy.

"No! You listen to me! I've been waiting for my chicken sandwich for 30 minutes! This beer isn't even cutting it! I want my meal!" Amber looked genuinely scared and I stepped in. "Sir, I need you to calm down, what's the problem." I said as he turned to me. "That whore hasn't served-" "Sir I cant talk to you if you choose that type of language."

"All you bitches are the same where's the manger?" He asked annoyed but sluggish. "You're speaking with the owner. Once again I can't work with you if you talk like that." I said crossing my arms but keeping my firm composure. "Fucking nigger." He said under his breath as if he could get away with it.

I opened my mouth to say something but was cut off. "Ok, sir, you're ruining everyone's night. And being really disrespectful. The kind lady is trying to help but you're truly being an asshole." The guy from earlier with the blue eyes said as he looked between the guy and me.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?!" The drunk guy said turning around facing the beautiful man. "Ok, Sir I'm gonna need you to go." I said and pointed to the door. "And what if I don't?" "I'll have to escort you out," The guy finally stood up and reached a very tall height. "The easy way or the hard way... Your choice." He smiled and winked at the drunk dude.

The guy just turned around and walked by me by hitting my shoulder which didn't really phase me and I grinned at the tall bearded man as He smiled down at me.

I looked around the restaurant and noticed how there weren't a lot of people left. I looked down at the watch on my wrist and smiled when it read 10:16. I pushed up my glasses when I saw the guy still looking at me. "Thank you for stepping in. I do appreciate it." I smiled as he showed a cute little smile. "It was nothing. I could let a guy disrespect a pretty lady such as yourself," He winked and stretched out his hand. "Steve." I shook his hand smiled back "Y/n."

"You finished your whiskey huh?" I asked trying to make some kind of small talk. "What? Oh uh yeah, yeah I did." He said nervously and I giggled at how adorable he looked. "Well were about to close so uh, I can get you something for helping me out back there." I offered with a huge smile on my face.

"I don't need anything ma'am-"
"Y/n, Y/n is fine." I interrupted. "And please I do insist." I offered again. "Well, Y/n since you are offering, I'll just take a chocolate cake." He smiled down at me as I reciprocated the action.

"One chocolate cake comin' up." I said and turned around to the kitchen.

I made my way into the kitchen and smiled. "We have any left over chocolate cake?" I asked looking over the room.

"I saw that guy looking at you Y/n." Caleb said and bumped my hip. I fixed my glasses and made a confused face. "He just helped, he's a nice guy, so relax." "Who asked for cake!?" I heard Darryl yell as he was multitasking.

"Yeah, I need it in a to go box." I responded. "Here." Darryl slid it down the counter top to me. "Thanks Dare." I winked and walked out the kitchen back to Steve who was standing there awkwardly.

"And here's your cake." I handed the tall man his order. "Thank you." He said and I turned around getting ready to close soon.

"You know it'd be a shame if I had to eat this alone." A voice behind me beamed and I turned back around. "You like chocolate cake?" He asked and smiled like a dork.

"Yeah, I do."

I know it's long but you know, I thought it was cute. Especially the ending, I also wanna say that i love you guys a lot for the endless support for the poems i was thinking about. I'm still like REALLY nervous cause I've always kept them private but the love y'all gave me makes me so happy. I hope you enjoyed and comment how y'all feel. I love you guys and byyyeeeee♥️♥️♥️♥️