Chapter 1

Ever since I was a little girl I had always dreamed of being able to travel the world and be able to explore places which gave me the opportunity to do what I loved most, photograph beautiful place, people, and artwork. Being able to capture the most vulnerable aspects of people, the most intricate detail on a place, or the most unique art piece you could ever find in a city.

I recently graduated College with a Bachelors in Art, I told myself that once I graduated I would take a few months to travel to all of the places on my bucket list that I created when I was, well... 9. But I continued to add to the list until I narrowed it down to places that will fill my desire to travel and capture once in a lifetime memories. First stop? Hawaii.

I have spent the last three months packing, finalizing and getting together everything that I needed to start my own dream, before I left my apartment I made sure that I had all of my travel necessities and that my apartment was clean and ready for those who were renting it out while I was gone. I grabbed my last bag and passport before I got in my Uber and headed to the airport.

As I sat in the Uber in Seattle traffic on my way to the airport, the Uber driver blasting rap music and talking on the phone with someone. I checked my phone and texted my best friend Luna.

'Have you left to the airport yet? My Uber is taking his sweet time driving.' I sent as I looked out the window at the passing traffic.

'Yes! I'm here at the gate waiting for you, how far are you from the airport?' She immediately responded.

'I think like... ten minutes, But I have TSA Pre Check so I will be through super fast.'

'Alright! I will see you soon, I saved you a seat. See you soon babe.'

I quiet the rest of the ride deciding it was better if I didn't try to the driver. He dropped me off at the doors and I made my way through TSA and to my gate. Luna was sitting with her knees pulled up and her headphones in her ears. She watched out the window to the planes that were landing and taking off. I grabbed us both a coffee from the shop across from our gate and made my way over to her to sit down until our boarding group was called. We made our way to the plane and put our bags under our seats as well as overhead before we sat down and got settled in for our flight to take off shortly after, they gave us the rundown of safety procedures and before we knew it we were on our way to our first destination.