Chapter 25 - First Argument

After they completed shooting the final scene, everyone was exhausted but excited.

Someone earlier had pulled up the celebratory banner, wishing for the movie's success.

WangYuDong accepted a round of interviews with the reporters on the set and took some pictures with the banner and the staff. Then, he took YanMingXiu away.

In the evening, the crew booked a few tables at the restaurant to celebrate the completion of filming. WangYuDong didn't participate but he did everything expected of him for this occasion.

ZhouXiang was originally in a very high spirits but after YanMingXiu left, he couldn't help himself from feeling depressed. In the end, it was actually LanXiRong who accompanied him to dinner.

They drank till very late into the night. Many of the people ended up drunk, becoming absolutely unruly and wild. Everyone has worked hard for seven to eight months. There were many challenges in the middle, especially with the tensed relationship between the director and the protagonist that created a lot of extra work for these menial staff. Now that everything is finally over, everyone is thrilled; inevitably they will drink to their heart's content.

On the contrary, ZhouXiang, who can usually drink actually didn't drink much. He and LanXiRong have just been sitting next to each other, chatting about the past. ZhouXiang's mind is a bit distracted, but there was too many people present so he really couldn't leave.

LanXiRong finally couldn't help but ask, "Xiang Ge, what is the relationship between your boyfriend and WangYuDong? They just left together."

ZhouXiang replied, "Ahh, they know each other."

LanXiRong creased his brows.

ZhouXiang immediately tried to explain, "It's not what you think."

LanXiRong lowly added, "Really? I don't think it's that simple."

ZhouXiang can't just casually gossip about WangYuDong to him. But what just happened earlier, with WangYuDong's warning expression before he left made him feel somewhat annoyed at LanXiRong's speculation. He finally gloomily voiced, "Don't just blindly speculate, it's really not what you think."

LanXiRong was surprised to see ZhouXiang's gloomy expression, feeling a bit grieved, "Xiang Ge, are you angry at me?"

ZhouXiang sighed, "No..."

"Back then, even if I mocked your intentions toward me, you didn't even get angry at me. I was really ignorant at the time but you still tolerated me. Now you're actually angry with me over something I unintentionally said. Xiang Ge, I've thought wrong. You really like that surname "Yan" guy, right?" LanXiRong's expression is extremely somber.

ZhouXiang lowly uttered, "XiRong, I like him a lot. Otherwise I won't be living with him. But this, don't tell others. He is not from the circle, and I also don't want to indirectly have any connections to WangYuDong."

LanXiRong didn't speak, but depressingly poured a cup of liquor. Then said bitterly, "Xiang Ge, can we really not go back to the past?"

ZhouXiang was also not really in the mood to comfort him. He, himself is in a mess, not knowing how his matter with YanMingXiu progressed to."

The celebratory dinner didn't end until sometime past 10pm. ZhouXiang didn't drink too much so he could have just left and drive away. But LanXiRong couldn't. Whether he was deliberately drunk or not, he leaned onto ZhouXiang's body, insisting that he's couldn't leave by himself.

Regardless of whether he could leave or not, he was reeking of alcohol. So, it's absolutely impossible for him to drive. LanXiRong came to this gathering because of ZhouXiang so ZhouXiang had no choice but to bear the responsibility of taking him home.