Keep Your Enemies Closer

It is the middle of the school day and Sutton and Mascen are in Potions 202. It is a class filled with mainly warlocks and witches, however there are some fairies. Sutton and Mascen are lab partners, and they are currently trying to concoct a wellness syrup.

"Okay now just pass me the Meloidae juice, three teaspoons of that and the medicine should be complete." Mascen requested, while nodding to the small silver bottle next to Sutton.

"And what exactly is in this?" Sutton asked, inspecting the silver bottle. It was a Kiwi shaped bottle about the size of her palm, there were oval metal wings protruding from the bottle.

"So I guess this is another class we'll have to have a study session for. Meloidae is a type of insect that has healing properties. It's one of the most important ingredients in this potion. Wow I just can't get over how uncultured you are." Mascen stated, staring at Sutton as if she was an insect on a prop table. Don't you feel like your childhood was robbed from you?"

"Yes and no, I guess I understand why my parents did it, but now I just feel so behind on everything." Sutton huffed in frustration.

"Well on the bright side, attending a human school helped you develop charisma. Now you've got the top student as your lab partner."

Ding Ding Ding Ding

"That's the bell, would you like an escort to the dining hall, so you don't get lost this time?" Mascen asked while they packed up their belongings, and headed out the classroom.

"Ha ha ha." Sutton dryly laughed. "No I'm actually meeting up with Cruz and Silver, there showing me where Symphoni's Sushi is."

"Please don't tell me you're eating lunch with the Sirens?" Questioned Mascen but all humor from his voice was gone.

"What does everyone have against them, I swear they were so nice when I met them yesterday."

"It's just, I don't think that they're great people Sutton." Mascen said attempting to end the conversation

"What's up chica!" Cruz shouted as he approached Sutton and Mascen, with Silver trailing behind. "So I finally get to officially meet The Mascen Knox." He said while laughing.

"In the flesh." Mascen laughed while reaching out to shake Cruz's hand. "Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chronograph 41 millimeters in Pink Gold." He exclaimed sounding like an automated computer. " Whew, that's some watch my friend."

"A guy who knows his watches, we just might get along." Cruz replied while shaking Mascen's hand.

"Aw man are you kidding me, that watch is one of a kind. I mean the rose gold with a dusty blue. She's gorgeous."

"She is a beauty isn't she."

"Oh no, not another watch obsessed freak to add to our group." Silver scoffed, finally approaching the trio.

"And you must be Silver." Mascen said while laughing and turning his gaze. "So what's for lunch?"

The new group of friends started down the hall. They had a lot more common than they realized. They were all the top students in their distinctive class; Cruz among the Vampires, Silver with the Werewolves and Mascen with the Witches and Warlocks. It wasn't long before they realized they now formed some sort of powerful group. As they neared the cafeteria Sutton pressed Mascen about his comment about the Siren's earlier.

"So it's almost time to eat lunch with the Sizzling Sirens, any advice?" Sutton asked while staring at Mascen.

"Yeah...don't." Mascen shot back.