E P I L O G U E

Alisha's piercing glare penetrated Aniket. She scared the hell out of him as she shook him by the collar, demanding him if he had wronged her best friend. "I didn't do anything! She just fell after I told her that her mother died from cancer."

"You always have the worst timing to say things, dimwit." Alisha scolded him.

"It's better if I said it than her father or one of her aunts. She would have been mad at them that they didn't reveal this to her earlier."

Alisha frowned. "She's going to be mad nonetheless." She said, grabbing hold of the unconscious Krithi's wrist to take her pulse. She checked her watch for whole minute before pursing her lips.

"You've got to be kidding me. It's only been like three months," Alisha said, taking off her latex gloves.

"What?" Aniket asked. "Is something wrong?"

Alisha turned with fury encrusted in every inch of her soul. "How could you do this to her?"

"Do what?"

"Couldn't you keep it in your pants? Her body is not ready to take this on after giving such a short time to recover from her last pregnancy..." Alisha went on.

Aniket didn't understand. Was his wife pregnant again? How could even be?

Oh, the night they got back to together! Of course. Maybe he is a dimwit. For a moment he was delirious with joy until he realized what Krithi had told him earlier. She said she wasn't up for another agonizing pregnancy. His face soured.

But she wouldn't possibly abort the child. She's too compassionate to actually hurt her own child, he mused.

His goofy grin returned once again, as he watched his wife breathing peacefully on the gurney.

"Are you even listening?" Alisha bellowed.

"Sure." Aniket remarked. Where had this nasty pest come from?

Oh right, I called her to check on Krithi. Big mistake.

"You always hurt her." Alisha muttered.

"If I hurt her, what are you doing?" He asked, brushing over Krithi's hair as she laid on the gurney. He couldn't believe that she was carrying his child again. It seemed like a dream to him.

"We are best friends. We fight and then we get back together. It's normal."

"If it's normal for you, it should be normal between a husband and wife as well. Why are you poking your nose into our conflicts? Besides, she didn't run away here because I hurt her. She ran here to be alone."

Alisha washed her hands in the sink, lathering the soap generously on her long fingers. "I'm not poking my nose in things. I'm just looking out for her. She was the one who nudged herself between Aarav and I  and messed everything up."

Aniket was trying to calm himself down. How dare she accuse his wife?

"Then Krithi was also trying to protect you. Aarav is not who you think he is."

"Thanks to your wife, I know exactly who Aarav is, and we have come to a truce in our relationship."

Aniket snorted. "Unless you broke it off with that knucklehead, I would seriously judge your IQ."