Close

A month passed putting Millie at seven months and now pushing to eight. Her parents didn't take the news well and rarely spoke to her. The last month of school was rough but she had Baylee who got her through it. Now it was summer. Warm and pretty. Baylee and Millie had just arrived downtown to meet up with the guys on the sunny day. Even they had taken the news a bit bad, originally being offended no one told them but they quickly got over it wanting to help support Millie who clearly needed all the support she could get.

Millie interlocked she and Baylee's hands as they walked up to the group. 

"Hello!" Sadie gawked looking at Millie and her rather large belly.

"Hey." Millie smiled. Sadie hugged Baylee than gave Millie a side hug.

"How much longer are we gonna have to wait for that baby?" Sadie grinned.

"About two months." Millie sighed anxiously.

"The boys won't tell you but they're just as excited." Sadie laughed.

"Hey I'll tell her! I'm very ready!" Noah smiled.

Millie pushed herself under Baylee's arm.

"Don't get too excited yet, things are bound to go wrong." Millie said. Finn gave Baylee a look.

"Hey don't be so negative! Nothing's gonna go wrong Mills." Baylee encouraged. Millie leaned her head into her girlfriend.

"So what do we wanna do? Movies? Ice cream?" Gaten began recommending. 

"How about bowling?" Caleb said. Everyone agreed happily. 

"Baylee?" Millie said and Baylee stopped as the group walked ahead.

"Thank you. For everything. This is the first normal... or semi normal summer I've had in a while." Millie said and put a hand on her belly. Baylee put her hand on top of Millie's. 

"Of course. If anything makes you feel uncomfortable just let me know ok?" Baylee said. Millie got on her tip toes and gave Baylee a peck before they walked after the group. 

Millie sat in a chair in the bowling area.

"Not gonna bowl?" Finn said.

"No I'm good." Millie said. Baylee sat next to her.

"You good?" Baylee asked.

"Yeah I'm ok. I promise." Millie smiled. Baylee grinned at her than got up to get her bowling stuff. 

"Millie only came for the food." Gaten accused and laughed.

"Food and Baylee." Caleb laughed.

"Yes." Millie laughed. Baylee grinned at her making her heart skip a beat. 

"I'm going to kick your ass." Finn said to Baylee.

"You're really gonna already get cocky Wolfhard?" Baylee scowled than the two laughed. Millie watched.

"They're just really close. I promise." Sadie said sitting next to Millie.

"I didn't say-" Millie began.

"I know but I could tell you were analyzing it." Sadie said. Millie gave her a weak grin. The day went on and soon the group was walking through downtowen in the heat.

"B-Baylee..." Millie spoke up a little.

"Yeah?" Baylee said smiling at the girl.

"People are staring..." Millie said a little low. Baylee looked around at the dirty glares.

"Don't worry about it Mills.  They don't know the deal, your story, or anything about you for that matter and they don't deserve to." Baylee said and held Millie's hand. Millie smiled and held Baylee's hand tighter. They walked on a while before Millie stopped bending over a little.

"Mills?" Baylee said and quickly got to her side.

"Contraction." Millie grunted. Baylee scooped her up and went into a store and into a bathroom and Sadie came in.

"Is she ok?!" Sadie said. Baylee had set Millie on the sink counter and Millie was hugged to her tight and hiding her face moaning and wincing.

"She'll be alright just give it a minute or so." Baylee said. Sadie came over and gently put a hand on Millie's small shoulder.

Millie cried out and held Baylee tighter.

"Mills... Mills I'm gonna pick you up and get you home ok?" Baylee said. Baylee handed Sadie her car keys and Sadie went. Baylee waited for Sadie to come back before she picked Millie up and got them in the car then began driving.

"Go to your house." Millie grunted. She was laying with her head in Baylee's lap after opening the middle seat. 

"What? Why?" Baylee argued.

"My parents don't need to see this they'll yell and make it worse." Millie said panting and groaning.

"What about a hospital Mills? That might help I know you hate it but it's true." Baylee said. Millie screamed out as a contraction hit her hard and Baylee swerved a little.

"Ok... ok Mills just hold on ok?" Baylee said. Millie was gripping on one of Baylee's hands.

"Go to your house." Millie grunted. Baylee obeyed worried.

Baylee parked the car and scooped Millie up and rushed her to her bedroom where Millie plopped onto the bed laying on her side no longer in pain but exhausted. 

"Mills are you sure you're ok?" Baylee pushed.

"Baylee I am fine it was just a little pain it's ok." Millie said sitting on the bed rubbing her stomach.

Baylee leaned over her and Millie gently laid back with Baylee on top of her holding herself off.

"Are you sure?" Baylee said.

"I'm sure." Millie grinned. Baylee kissed her and Millie locked her fingers into Baylee's hair. 

"If you're ever in any pain, even if it's the tiniest bit, you better tell me." Baylee said. 

"Fine." Millie smiled. Baylee rolled off and hopped up.

"You want anything to eat?" Baylee asked.

"Sure." Millie said. She couldn't quite get up. Baylee grinned and helped her up laughing a little.

"Oh hush." Millie said.

"I love you." Baylee laughed. Millie froze and so did Baylee.

"Say that again." Millie said as she took Baylee's hand into hers.

"I love you Mills." Baylee smiled. Millie hugged her looking up at Baylee's face.

"I love you too." Millie smiled. Baylee gently held Millie's sides. They danced around a minute and a bit down the hall then Baylee got them some food. 

"Baylee!-" Millie suddenly cried out and dropped everything in her hand and fell.