Chapter 17

SORRY FOR GRAMMAR AND SPELLING ERRORS
Eren pov:
As Armin and I sat in the car waiting for anyone to speed by or just waiting for any sign of trouble I see him looking at me in the corner of my eye.

"Why are you looking at me?" I said

"Eh no particular reason." Armin responded.

"Yea Okay just spit it out Armin."

"Fine so what's up with you and mikasa? Well as of now." Armin said

"What do you mean?, nothing is up with me and mikasa."

"Oh come on Eren don't lie to me."

"I'm not lying."

"Where is she now?" Armin asked.

"At my house.......watching...kayo."

"Watching kayo........at your house."

"Yea and?, that doesn't mean anything."

"Are you sure? Maybe you want her to get familiar with your place....once she moves in." Armin says.

"H-huh that's not the reason.....it's just kayo was sleeping a-and I didn't have time to carry her to mikasa place."

"Yea Okay, zeus don't you agree there something going on with eren and mikasa." Armin says to zeus and then zeus barks.

"See zeus thinks something is up." Armin says to me.

"Believe me there's nothing going on."

"Alright alright I believe you."

"Good and besides Mikasa as of now is just a friend or maybe even.....my best friend." I said looking out the car.

"Ha probably more than that."

"Oh shut it." I said.

Soon enough a car drove by going faster than the speed limit I looked at Armin and he turned on the sirens.
Mikasa pov:
I sat down stairs while kayo went upstairs and go to bed since she felt tired. I was knitting something for practice and for fun since I haven't done it in awhile. I had the tv turned on and I was watching anything that seemed interesting.

It's been almost three hours since kayo went up stairs. I had a feeling that I needed to check on her since the last time she fell asleep she had a nightmare while I was talking to Eren. I quietly went upstairs and approached kayos room. I quietly turn the door knob and when I peeked in She was vastly asleep I smiled and closed the door. I began to walk away but all of a sudden I heard a scream which made my heart jump. I quickly turned around and opened kayos room I then saw kayo sitting up she looked so pale as if that scream took everything out of her. She looked so frightened just like the first time I saw her.

"Kayo, kayo!" I said walking to her.

She looked at me with those scared eyes and knowing what caused them I had to assure her everything is okay.

"Kayo all you have to know is everything is okay alright sweetie okay everything is alright." I said in a calming voice.

She looked at me still with those scared eyes and Eren wasn't here to comfort her. So I sat down on the bed and looked at her.

"Kayo." I said.

She looked at me once more.

I patted my lap and made a motion for her to come close to which she did and soon I picked her up and placed her on my lap like Eren did. And held her almost like a baby I began to stroke her hair and it seemed to calm down her breathing and then I felt her grip onto my shirt I can the tears lingering out of her eyes once again I then began to wipe them off. I still can't believe that this innocent girl has been mistreated so badly by her own mother. I then proceeded to do something that my mother would always do to help me fall asleep. I began to hum a melody the same melody she did for me and I stroked kayos hair once again while humming and this calmed her down a lot as I felt he breathing begin to feel steady again. But then kayo then says something that my eyes widen thinking my mind was playing tricks on me.

"Mama." Kayo says

I feel kayo snuggle into my arms even more I know my mind wasn't playing tricks on me. Kayo just called me mama I didn't want to wake her up to ask her what she said but I know she said mama.
Kayo pov:
Being in mikasa arms was so safe I could feel all my fear and any certain emotion making me feel scared or nervous just drain away. I could hear her humming as well feel her gentle touch on the top of my head. This was so comforting it felt so warm just like what my dad does to me when I have the nightmare about my mother. Mikasa is holding me like a mother as I realize she may be my babysitter but she's going far and beyond to make feel okay at least that's what I think. But as of now she's not acting like a babysitter she's acting like a real.

"Mama." I say in a whisper type of tone.

I then felt something in my chest i feel as if I shouldn't view mikasa as papas friend or a neighbor nor a babysitter maybe I want to see her as a mother a mother who will be willing to take care of me and make me feel happy and actually treat like a daughter just like papa does all the time with me.

Maybe papa and I were meant to meet mikasa.

"Maybe she.... is the one...the one thing missing from completing our family." I thought to myself.
-
-
-
-
A/N I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IT HAS BEEN HECTIC THIS WEEK ESPECIALLY SINCE THIS IS MY LAST WEEK OF FULL AND NEXT WEEK WILL BE HALF DAYS AND I ALSO HAVE MY AUNTS WEDDING THIS WEEK SO THAT IS WHY I HAVENT HAD TIME TO UPDATE I DO APOLOGIZE NEXY CHAPTER WILL BE LONGER PROMISE.