29 - Let's Live It Up

Very long chapter.

WILL

She was the most amazing girl he had ever met. And one of the most beautiful. She looked gorgeous in that cream-colored dress, her brown hair down, her glasses gone. But the glasses still suited her.

"So, you took the hard drive from the principal's office, made copies of that paper, and replaced it before he even noticed?", Will asked, completely shocked.

"Yes", said Liv, simply.

"Unbelievable! Why didn't I get a copy?"

"It was low-key. And if your girlfriend, at that time, got to know, I'm pretty sure I would have been rusticated."

"About that- Why does Chloe hate you so much?", Will asked her. And, as if on cue, Chloe walked by and called out, "having fun with my ex, virgin?"

Liv smiled, "Did you guess why?"

Will smiled back, "I know one of the reasons. I'm pretty sure there are more."

"I wish I knew them", said Liv and took a sip of her punch, then made a face, "this tastes funny."

Will took the glass from her and took a sip, "Yup, this has alcohol."

Liv made a disgusted face, "You can have that. I hate alcohol."

That took Will by surprise. He had never heard that phrase from a high school student before. Most of them jumped on the opportunity to even get one sip, "And why is that?"

"Just think that you are drinking something that had been put in a barrel and allowed to rot for months", said Liv with a smirk. Will shuddered as he thought about barley turning green inside a wooden barrel. He put the glass down.

"I wish you had just used the term 'fermentation'. I'm never touching alcohol again, thanks to you."

Liv laughed, and Will felt that comfortable feeling of warmth spread through his body. He had not felt that since he had kissed Emma that night in the theatre. Emma, Emma had looked beautiful tonight. But Liv looked better.

Whoa, too fast, Will, that irritating but rational part of his brain told him.

But he had to slow down. Liv was just his homecoming date. He did not know if anything more would ever happen with her. And there was Emma in the picture too. That horrible urge of grabbing Emma's face and kissing her was gone, but Will still wanted her to be close to him.

But Will grinned at Liv anyway, "Come on, we're dancing."

Liv looked down, "But I don't know how to dance."

"Well, my source of learning was dancing in the school play."

Liv laughed again, "Then you might not be as clumsy as I am."

"That, I cannot guarantee you."

He took Liv's hand and guided her to the dance floor where other couples were gathering.

Kelly came onto the stage, "Hey guys!", she said cheerfully, "This dance will be one of those where you switch partners every 20 seconds!"

She then pulled up two guys standing in line for food and dragged them to the stage to show them a demo.

Then the song started playing.

He placed a hand on Liv's waist as she placed one on his shoulder. They swayed for sometime, after which he took her hand in his and twirled her like the others. She went over to Kevin standing next to him, and Penny came in front of him.