t w o

it's now monday, 31st march.

i made a giant mistake of staying up late again.

i got about 3 hours of sleep, at most. i'm falling back to sleep every five minutes, just after my mom tried to wake me up again.

she eventually got me up by being 0.1 inches away from soaking me in water at 7:30am.

i hesitantly and droopily get out of bed, making the messy-ass bed in the process. i continue that everyday morning routine but feeling more drowsy than normal.

about an hour later, and i'm ready to go. i grab my backpack and wave goodbye to my mom as i turn my gaze towards the yellow bus i'm faced with almost every morning.

i say good morning to gary, the bus driver, as he tilts his little driver's hat towards me, like some sort of cowboy. i grin as i turned to the left and face the rows of empty seats, as i'm always the first to get picked up.

except, there's someone else here. i fix my mask for about the twentieth time this morning and squint my eyes to try and see who this person is. they were strangely familiar, i felt like i've seen them in school before, maybe? but certainly not here on the bus, certainly not this early.

and then, the person looks up.

he has this light, short, chestnut hair, that spikes and curves softly to the back of his head. his face has some sort of prominent features when it comes to a jawline, and with small, subtle freckles peeking through. his eyes, the green-blueish fire that ignited within them were staring me right back in the eyes.

it was tj.

i shook myself back to reality, fixed my mask like it could fix my embarrassment and sat a few rows behind him. i place down my bag on the seat, and rapidly open it to get my phone out. i pull up instagram and yup, it's tj.

the tj. that tj.

it seemed like hours of gay panic before buffy arrived on the bus, she sat down next to me and before she could even say hi, i looked so panicked that she became worried.

"...cyrus?" she says, "you look like you've seen a ghost."

"are some ghosts good? like angels, ooh! or, are they just good looking?"

"cyrus?"

"wait, could there seriously be hot ghosts, because i would honestly go on a ghost date."

"cyrus."

"would going on a date with a ghost be legal? who am i kidding, ghosts don't have rights."

"CYRUS!" the whole bus turns to look at me and buffy. buffy laughs softly as she shrugs her shoulders. everyone goes back to their conversations as she turns back to me.

"yeah?" i respond. buffy replying with her head falling into her hands, as dramatically as possible. "cyrus..."

"who do you like?" i knew this question was coming, so i had prepared myself with a very persuasive speech so that buffy would think that i didn't like someone.

i take a deep breath, "what do you mean who do i like? buffy, i have never liked anyone! honestly, sometimes i think i might just be incapable of love-"

"cyrus, you literally came out to me by telling me that you like jonah."

huh, forgot about that. seemed to be a slight flaw in the speech, "oh, yeah. shit, uh."

"cyrus. who is it." it wasn't even a question the time, buffy knows what she wants. she can be pretty intimidating like that.

i gulp, i knew she wasn't going to like the answer. i figured out from the "casual" stalk of tj's instagram that he plays basketball, like buffy. but, he doesn't play for the school team. but for a team outside of school, meaning that sometimes his team goes against ours.

i even remember a photo of his team winning a game against our school's team. i saw buffy in the background of the team photo, with her head in her hands.

"it's uh.."

"cyrus, i swear it's not going to be someone i completely hate or something. like it would never be tj." she starts to laugh.

"oh my god..." i say, nervously. "y-yeah. imagine that..." i start to pretend to laugh.

"...cyrus," buffy says, now looking me dead in the eyes, but more sympathetically this time.

"you like tj...don't you?"

————————————————————

a/n: heyyy! the last episodes of andi mack are approaching :(

but hopefully then i'll feel more inspired to write more parts, we'll probably become like tyrus deprived or something.

i'm not the best at knowing when i'll upload, but i will try my best to keep up with the things going on with andi mack so i don't lose inspiration :(

(btw i haven't proof read this yet, so sorry for any typos or anything...)

bye though! thanks for reading so far! <3