21

7 month later.

I vigorously type away a report which I have to submit to this new art magazine soon. My hands violently tap on the keys. I felt my neck go warm and then numb and I decided to lie back. My touch my stomach and felt a small movement. "Hey sweetie do you crave donuts like I do? " There is a small movement again. My lips part in a wide smile. I look outside the window and see the glorious view. I and Mr. Atkinson shifted out project to Paris and I never thought I'd like it so much after... Well...
My phone rings and my favorite name pops up. Amy. "Hey girl I am getting food you need anything? My little one needs anything? " I smiled. And caressed my tummy. "Perfect timing.... We were wondering if you could get us donuts while returning home. " She chuckled. "Awww of course I can. " We both laughed and bade goodbye because I need to finish this report. I have been working with an art magazine and they pay really good and I love my job and hence the work from home.
I never felt so alive and free until now. I get up and decide to take a stroll in the park near by and put on a sundress and slipped my sliders on and saddled my way towards the park.

I reach the usual place where I sit and see the kids playing. Soon, a part of me will be out there playing. A whiff of breeze blew my hair and heard a bell, oh the sweet bell of the ice cream vendor. The stomach has restricted my movements a lot and if I sit down once it becomes difficult to walk again. I huffed and gave up, looking at the little trolley of ice cream when my eyes met two blue orbs. For a second I stared and then looked away. I felt a hot tint creep up my cheeks. What the hell Rose! I licked my dry lips and as I was about to take my book out I heard a voice. "Is this place taken? " I looked up to see the same blue eyes guy. His sharp features shone in the sunlight and his blonde hair fluttering in the breeze. I felt my tongue go dry. "N... N.. No. " He smiled and sat beside me. He was holding two chocolate soft serves in his hand. He turned towards me. "I saw you struggling to get up and how you really looked at the ice cream, I thought why not help a pretty lady out. " My cheeks were burning. "Tha.. That's so kind of you, but i really can't accept that... " I stuttered, flabbergasted. He chuckled. "I swear I am not a kidnapper, I just want to help. I really insist. I  sure you must be craving one.... Trust me. " I look at him and then at his hand holding the ice-cream.... He raised his eyebrows again, coaxing me to take it. I held the waffle cone with shaking hands, careful not to touch him. "Now, that wasn't so hard, was it? " He smiled and licked his ice cream. "Tha., thank... You. " Stop. Stuttering. You dimwit. I scolded myself. I coughed and said again. "Thank you so much" In a more confident voice. He smiled widely. "I am Lucas by the way, Lucas Williams. " He extended his hands. "Rose... " I smiled and shakingly took his hands in mine and praying that my hands are not sweaty. "How long are you? " He pointed at my belly. I instinctively caressed my belly. "Seven and a half months. " He smiled again. "Your man must be very lucky, first a beautiful woman and now a beautiful baby is about to come." My smile faded as a huge lump formed in my throat as I looked away. "What's wrong? " He asked in a coaxing voice. "Did I say something wrong? " He furrowed his eyebrows. "Oh no no... Nothing wrong it's just... We are separated.... Now it's just us. " I told him while I looked down at my belly and caressing it again. "I am so sorry I didn't know. " He said in a sad voice. "Well, can make up for it? " He said. I look at him and furrowed my eyebrows. "You don't have to, I mean you didn't..... " He stopped me. "Listen, I should not say this but the little window of opportunity I have I ... I want to. " I bit my lower lip and looked at the tree, my mind  tearing apart in dilemma. "Hey... Don't think so much. " His soft voice had an assuring tone. I looked at him again. "Okay.... " His face splitting grin made me laugh. "Wow... " He huffed. "Um shall we meet here at 3? " He looked at me and said. I nodded. "I hope you like where I wanna take you. "
I put in my phone and book in the bag and started getting up. "What are you doing? " He asked nervously. I laughed at his high pitched voice. "Well if you want me to go, I have a few things to work on. Meet you here at 3? " He smiled again and stood up. "Do you want me to walk you to your place? " He offered. I nodded my head. "That won't be necessary. Plus I have few calls to make at work. " He nodded. "See you at lunch time then." He smiled and I waved him a little bye as I turned to walk away. I can still feel his eyes on my back but I had a smile on my face too. After a long time.

.............................................................
Hey guys, I know I have like really no place to say sorry but I was really in a tricky situation and couldn't upload. I have got an overwhelming support from few of you that kept me going in times of exams and sickness. Really grateful to you guys. I really mean it. If you liked this chapter. Please turn the little white star golden ⭐. See you guys soon and don't forget to comment. Love you loads. Xoxo.
🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️