Chapter 2 - Killer Bean

You checked in at a cheap hotel that the agency had provided you with.
Making sure your disguise was secure, you took a deep breath and muttered to yourself, "just walk in and ask for a room." You repeat this multiple times before pushing the enterance to the building.
Upon entering you scanned the atmosphere around.
There was nothing that really caught your eye, there was only a desk that guarded a backroom and was well above your adomon level. The lobby was also painted a plain, pale gray with some paintings of scenery hung up on every wall and a few halls on each side of the lobby too.

Taking another deep breath, you walked up to the front desk. Your foot steps echoed in the empty lobby.
What seemed to be a life time of foot steps, you finally made it to the desk.
The bean behind the desk was just another faceless bean you'd see in town reading a newspaper and lounging back in a swivel chair with his feet up on the desk.
He didn't look up to you or give any gesture to acknowledge your presence, it was only when you gave a little 'achem.' Where he glanced up from the paper and gazed over to you.
"I-i'd like a room please." You stutter, secretly glad you were concealing the visible anxiety and fear that was currently present on your face.
The man only coughed and spat, "how long are ya stayin'?"
Without another word, you slammed a wad of cash on the table and almost stumble, "what ever this can get me."

A minute or two passes and the man takes your money and counts it,
"Four day stay. Your room will be on the top floor, room 234."
He utters and before he could slide you the key, another person could be heard entering the building from behind you, their footsteps were much heavier than yours ever could be.
You suspected it was a male and from the corner of your eye, you could see the faint figure walk up from behind you.
Red was a Distinct feature and so was a shine of gold.

"I'd like a room please." The bean spoke, their voice was rough and used in a harsh tone.
"We're kind of full tonight, but i have one more room." The receptionist proclaims, as he slides over your key
and reaches for the other.
To the love of God, you prayed that the room he had left wasn't near or next to yours, but why are you just bothering? When you heard the words "room 235." You only just wanted to dart towards the elevator.

"It's fine. It will do for the next few nights."
The bean dressed in red, affirms.
When you turned to see the bean's full figure, you noticed he was much taller than you and he had a stockier build and his eyes were an emerald green, something in them were more softer that his overall demeanour that you assumed. His clothing consisted of an armor of some sort, like he's in some sort of military force or something,
But you've never seen any of their uniforms in red.
"Keep the change." He finishes as he hands over a stack of cash that was just as thick as yours.
It was maybe for the same amount too, which meant the same amount of time he would be staying there too.
You're a person who's very good at assuming because you were right.

You tried to hurry up to your room before anyone else would notice your exsistance, and just before you could put the key into the room, the bean in red opened his door and uttered to you without looking up, "if you hear anything. Don't mind it. I have night terrors." He huffs, then enters into the room, leaving you in the hall.