Prologue

The rain was pouring outside, the students looking outside the window with frustrated eyes as they sighed, the gloomy weather not helping the fact that christmas exams were coming up.

Jungkook was in his classroom, fooling around as usual, imitating their english teacher vulgarly, in a way that certainly was not respectful.

His best friend, Seokjin, laughed loudly in his particularly loud laugh, thumbling over and clapping his hands, making even more noise, another one of his friends, Jimin, hitting Hoseok, his boyfriend of seven months, the boy also laughing as loudly.

They were on their lunch break, eating in their classroom, with all they're tables pushed in a small circle to face each other. Seokjin and Hoseok, being third years, came from another class, but had come here especially to spend time with the two youngers.

"it's raining pretty hard." Jimin noted as he recovered from his fit of laughters. "And we have practice today so we have to stay extra long." He then sighed, his boyfriend stroking his back in empathy seeing as they were in the same dance crew.

Hoseok and Jimin were both in dance and soccer, making them grateful for all the time they got to spend with each other.

"well," Jungkook smiled. "My teacher is absent so i have the rest of they off." He bragged, winking at the discouraged Jimin.

"What a brat." Joked Seokjin as he slapped the back of his head affectionately.

"If you're too mean, i won't come over for Mario Kart." Jungkook teased, packing his things before ultimately leaving the classroom.

The two didn't live far apart, hence why both of their families had been pretty close for a long time, only a five minute bike ride separated the Jeon family from Seokjin's apartment, that was in the same street as his parent's old house, before their divorce.

Seokjin had an apartment of his own, when they had been in court to slip Seokjin's custody, they had deemed it easier for their son to have his own place to which Seokjin agreed since he couldn't find it in himself to have to choose between his parents.

Jungkook however, lived in a house with his mother, having grown up alone with her ever since birth, when his father had decided he was too young to be father, and leave his mother (that was only sixteen at the time), alone with a kid.

The boy didn't really mind not having a father, he had a very good relationship with his mother and almost forgot he even had a father in the first place (though it was a little awkward for them when he hit puberty...).

He walked down the hallways, saying his goodbyes to his multitude of friends before reaching the locker area, taking off his indoor slippers and exchanging them for his beat up sneakers.

The halls were empty, most of the school's population being crowded in classrooms or near the vending machines. It wasn't that exceptional for teachers to be absent, making their students happy with the extra hours of free time, but apparently all the people in Jungkook's class had already left.

Checking the weather outside, he smiled, happy to see the storm had calmed down, now leaving a small opening in the dark grey clouds to make his escape back to his house possible.

Throwing his bag over his shoulder, he whistled a soft tune, thinking about the usual things most boys of his ages thought about.

Video games, sports, girls...

His mind wandered to the the girl, Sunhee, he believed was her name, who had admitted liking him during the morning break. He had declined the offer to date her simply because he didn't really want to be in a relationship with her.