Chapter 2: First meeting

The flight landed and the journey first phase began too.

Kunal Mauli And Nandini Rajdeep wait for their luggage in the luggage area.

"Mauli, you do remember our suitcase, right?" Kunal asked. Mauli responded with a nod.

Their luggage came out of the place and Mauli went to grab it when she saw another pair of hands hold the luggage too.

She follows the arms and sees a girl dressed in a purple saree.

"Sorry Ma'Am, this is my luggage," Nandini said But Mauli still held on to the luggage.

"Sorry but this luggage is ours," Mauli said.

She tried to take the luggage out again but now another pair of hands were holding the suitcase now.

"This suitcase is ours," Rajdeep said looking at Mauli coldly in the eyes.

Mauli immediately let go of the luggage and stood behind Kunal. Rajdeep give  an unnoticeable smile seeing Mauli's action.

"Why are you smiling, Rajdeep," Nandini asked.

She took the suitcase from Rajdeep and starts walking.

"Nothing," Rajdeep said But Nandini decided to tease him.

"I know it's something," Nandini started. "You were smiling at that girl weren't you?" Nandini finished.

Rajdeep stopped walking. He hated the fact that Nandini knew him so well. His smile which barely anyone notices was what Nandini would notice the first thing.

"If you want, I can divorce you and you can try to impress her," Nandini teased.

Rajdeep looked at her dangerously as if daring her to say a word. Nandini realized that she had went to far for him.

"I am sorry," Nandini apologized. Rajdeep nodded at her and started walking again.

"Really Kunal did you see that guy?" Mauli said.

"He was so big and scary," Mauli continued. "He looked at me like he would kill me right then,"

Kunal getting irritated said, "I am not sure about that dude but I will definitely tape your mouth if you don't shut up,".

Mauli punched him. Kunal winced in pain.

"Next time think before talking," Mauli whispered.

Nandini and Rajdeep reach their hotel. It was big and white. Diamond hotel was the name.

They both got to the women sitting in a desk.

"A room booked for Mr and Mrs Rajdeep Thakur," Nandini said. The lady checked her computer and smiled at the couple.

"Yes, room 269," The lady smiled cheekily while giving them their card. Rajdeep already knew what was going on.

The smile said it all.

They both left for the room.

Mauli and Kunal reached the hotel after them.

"A room for Mr and Mrs Khanna," Kunal said. The lady gave them the room number of 268.

"Kunal, I am still so shaken up. The guy was..." Mauli started but couldn't finish.

"Shut up Mauli. Forget about him already." Kunal said.

Mauli decided to forget about that cold guy. But she could still feel the coldness of his stare.

Nandini and Rajdeep open their room door to see a room decorated with flowers and candles. The light was very dim and their was Rajdeep and Nandini written in the bed with a heart.

Nandini and Rajdeep started to feel awkward.

"I knew they would do something like this," Rajdeep said. He put his suitcase down.

"Sorry for this. I know how awkward it might be," Rajdeep apologized.

Nandini smiled and sat in the chair there.

"It's okay. We both knew this was going to happen," Nandini said. She got the towel and went to the bathroom.

Nandini quickly locks the door and sits down on the floor. Her smile was gone and depression filled her face.

A memory. A painful but loving memory.

Rajdeep sat in the bed. He sighed. It's been 5 years. 5 years and they still haven't gotten over all of this.

He wanted the awkwardness and distance between them to end. They were close but only professionally. He wAnted to be close to her as a friend if not a husband.

He got up from the bed and started taking the flower petals from the bed.

Mauli layed down on the bed and closed her eyes. After that long tiring day, she couldn't wait to fall asleep. But just when she was sleeping Kunal came and threw a towel at her.

"Go take a shower. You must be tired but the shower will help," Kunal said while looking st his phone.

Mauli groaned but she still went to freshen up. And it did help.

The cold water running through her body relaxes her. She smiled to herself and closed her eyes.

Being a doctor, she barely ever gets time to relax and today was the day. After hundreds of appointments and check up, she finally gets to be free.

But that would only last for a week. So she better start enjoying the week soon before it gets too late.

Kunal puts his phone down and closes his eyes.

He loved his life with Mauli. He really did. They were best friends but still, he wanted something more than best friends. Not between him and Mauli but him and someone else.

Friendship was a good thing. We understand each other and know each other but love is just as important.

He sometimes wished that they never came up with this plan of marrying each other.

Nandini came out of the bathroom. She was wearing a black top with blue jeans. She had decided to go with a fresh face, without any makeup.

Rajdeep went to freshen up himself. Nandini checks the time. It was 3:50. Still have time, Nandini thought.

She got her phone out and called Priya, Rajdeep secretary.

"Hi, priya," She said. "Just called to know how did you schedule Rajdeepji's meetings,"

Priya started to tell Nandini about it.

"No, change The Mall project to Wednesday. It's more important," Nandini said.  She cut the call and took a nap in the bed.

Rajdeep came out after sometime. He saw that she was sleeping and got happy. He forgot to get his clothes so he had to come with just his towel on.

There was no way she could see him like this.

He got his clothes and went back in the bathroom to change it.

"Mauli open the door," Kunal asked. He banged at the bathroom door.

"Wait Kunal," Mauli said But Kunal kept on banging.

"I said wait," Mauli yelled. Kunal, getting tired, stopped banging and cursed at her.

"Don't curse at me," Mauli Warned.

"Got it, ma'am" Kunal said helplessly.