Chapter 5

Matts POV

I was on my way to the grocery

store just kinda thinking to myself. I was thinking about what would happen if I lost Maya. She was right. I would totally be a different person. I wouldnt be happy.

I pulled into the grocery store and I get all of Maya and I's favorite junk food. (Thats the fun of twin day). I'm driving home and my phone rings. Its jack g. I pick it up and put it on speaker so i dont get like pulled over or anything.

J=Jack

M=Matt

J: dude. Where the fuck are you?

M: Ive only been gone like 30 minutes.

J: but im hungry!!!

M: SO

I start getting angry because people always use me in the house. And im kinda sick of it.

J:DUDE. CALM DOWN

M:HOW CAN I BE CALM WHEN ALL YOU DO IS USE ME. AND I ALMOST LOST MY BEST FRIEND. DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT?!?!

J: actully. I do...

He said quietly as he hung up the phone.

Ive never heard him say anything like that. When i get home im gonna apologize and then ask what happened.

I get home to Maya half asleep on the couch with nash sitting next to her on his phone. I think they are starting to like eachother. Which im kinda okay with because nash is a great guy and i would feel safe if they were together. I know nash would never hurt her.

I put the food down in the kitchen and i walk to go find jack.

Carter was in the kitchen and so i ask him.

"Have you seen jack g?, i need to talk to him" i said.

"He stormed out the door a few minutes before you got here. " he said.

Oh great. I have to go find him now.

His car is here which means hes just walking around.

I decide to just walk around the neighborhood calling his name.

After a while i found him sitting on a park bench and looking dead at the ground.

"Hey." I managed to get out of my mouth. "Hey" he said in a dreery voice.

"What happened that you know what i felt?" I said. "When jack and i were little. We would run around the neighborhood and pretend we were ninjas. And one day i dared jack to climb a 10 goot fence. He was at the top. And he fell off. " he paused "and he was in the hospital for 2 months. And it was all my fault. They told his parents that he would die because the damage to his brain was to much. But he managed to push throught it and stay. But that was the worst 2 months of my life."

I sat there in shock as Jack started to cry. "Dude. Its okay. Jacks fine now. I didnt mean to hurt you. Or you feelings. Come on. Lets go home. " i said. We walked home in scilence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maya POV

i wake up to my favorite laugh ever.

Camerons.

Hes been away the past few days and ive missed him so much.

I managed to open my eyes. Hmm. I dont even remember falling asleep.

"CAMERON!!" I yell from where i was since i wasnt allowed to get up. He rushed over to me picked me up and spun me around.

"OH MY GOD. THANK GOD YOUR OKAY!!!" He said.

"Hahahaah. Im fine. I missed you so much. " i said.

"Guys. Im gonna need to steal maya for the day. We have to get caught up!" Matt said.

Nash looked kinda upset. I think me just being gone for the day is gonna hurt him. We spend every second of everyday together so i think hes just gonna be bored.

Matt takes me to the screening room in the basement and he picks up 2 movies.

"Which one? The Purge or Divergent?"

"Purge!" I say. We love scary movies so i would much rather watch the purge than divergent.

We watched movies and ate until we couldnt anymore.

"I love you" he said quietly

"I love you too Matt" i said.