Chapter #3, Espio's POV

"Whatcha doin, Espio?" One of the officers asks me

"The victims were actually two of my old dear friends, and know the lover of the armadillo. I'm going to call her and do what must be done."

I dialed her number and waited for her to pick up.

"This is Honey the cat speaking, how may I help you?"

"Hi, Honey."

"Oh, Es! It's nice to hear your voice again after all these years! What have you called to tell me?"

"Honey, I need you to go to a room where you're sure you have something that comforts you and where you feel safe."

"Okay, hang on... *3 minutes later* okay, what do you need to tell me?"

"Honey, it's about Mighty."

"Is he coming back?! Finally! I'm so glad!"

"Honey... He's not coming back. He's never coming back."

"Wha... What?"

"Honey... I am a detective, and I work with the police, investigating murders and such..."

"Yes?"

"Our most recent case is one where we found two cadavers with the exact appearance and DNA as Mighty and Ray."

"This is a sick joke! This isn't funny!"

"We found their corpses mutilated. The autopsy revealed that they were killed about a week after leaving."

"NOOO! NO YOU ARE LYING! THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN! NOOOOOOOOOO!" she screamed over the phone at me.

"Honey, I am so sorry. But sometimes you have to accept the worst. The worst part of my job is that I can't save everyone."

"NOOOO! NOOO-" it was then that the signal cut off.

10 minutes later, we got reports of a woman who had jumped off a 15-story building. That woman's description perfectly matched Honey's.