The Best Suprise Ever

"Hey Hope" I heard Damon say as he tried to catch up to me. I turn around and hug him tight, his hugs always made me feel better. "Are you gonna tell me what's going on?" Damon asks. Olivia had just brought up my dad not even an hour ago. She came to school early just to make fun of me, Damon came to school five minutes after. No one else is at school yet so its just me, Damon, and Olivia.

 No one else is at school yet so its just me, Damon, and Olivia

"Olivia brought him up. I thought I could do this Damon. I give up" I said. "You can't give her the benefit of the doubt. You can not give up. You are an amazing women, and for you to understand that will help you with how everyone sees you." Damon's words inspired me, I stepped away from the hug and looked him in the eyes.

"You're right. As soon as I engulf in confidence, everyone around me will feel that energy and would leave me alone. You're a genius Damon." I lean in and kiss Damon, he was suprised but kissed me back when reality set in.

When I pulled away Damon looked at my lips, as if that one kiss wasn't enough

When I pulled away Damon looked at my lips, as if that one kiss wasn't enough. "What was that for?" Damon ask not breaking his gaze from my lips. "I don't know I wasn't thinking I let my emotions talk not my mind." I explain. "So you have feelings for me?" Damon says.

I see the smirk tugging at his lips

I see the smirk tugging at his lips. "No.......yes.....I don't know." I say and grip the root of my hair. Damon grabs my hands from my hair and brings it down. I look into his eyes. "Everything I have love gets ripped away from me." I say as the tears threaten to fall.

I've been crying alot lately. When a single tear drops from my eye Damon wipes it away. "You're strong Hope." He says. "I lost my strength a long time ago." I say and v line past him. "You know we have class together today right? All day" he reminds me. I stop dead in my tracks.  "Good" I whisper without turning around. Damon wraps his arms around my waist, "I think you're starting to get the hang of me." Damon says as he lays his head on my shoulder.

"Being around you is like drinking alcohol. I forget everything, until you're not around me anymore, then everything comes back. I'm addicted to you Damon." I state honestly. "I don't want you to leave but you can't stay." I say and run off to our first hour. All the kids are let in and when I look back I don't see Damon. I slow down when I'm right in front of the class.

Class started and Damon still wasn't there. Five minutes in Damon walked in, "That's a truant Salvatore" Mrs. Peterson says not even looking up from her lesson plan. He didn't say anything, he just walked in and sat down by me.

"What were you doing?" I whisper. "Just prepare all your stuff ten minutes before class ends" I look over at him, my face scrunches up in confusion. "You'll see" was his reply to my scrunched up face.

"Can Hope Smith and Damon Salvatore please come to my office."  Dr. Adams, our school principal, calls in. It was ten minutes before class ended so I knew this was Damon's doing.

I walk out of the classroom and start heading to the principal's office. Damon grabs my shoulder and turns me around "we're not actually going to his office. I had him call so we could get out of class together" Damon explains and starts walking towards the other way, I start to follow close behind.

Damon stopped abruptly, I almost ran into him. I  maneuver so I'm standing next to him. What I see takes my breath away. He had a circle kitchen table in the middle of the hallway. There was steak and fries already layed out on the table, then there was a tiny box. I opened it up and I saw the most beautiful necklace.

When I looked up Damon was on one knee, he had sweat running down his forehead. "Will you go out with me?" Damon ask. I let my angel and devil argue before I respond.

He's a sweet guy. Yeah but he might get hurt. But there is a good chance he won't. You can't afford to lose another person. You won't.

Finally believing the angel I say "Yes." I wrap my arms around Damon's neck. "Ok let's eat the steak" Damon says with the brightest smile on his face.

Once the bell rang to dismiss all the kids me and Damon were already in front of our next class. The janitors had already cleared the hallway. Me and Damon walked into class, hand in hand. He looked down at me and poked my nose, "you're so beautiful and you're all mine" he did his cheeky smile which made me smile back.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Me and Damon were on my bed. I was laying down vertically and Damon was laying down horizontally with his head on my lap. We were watching Five Feet Apart, one of my favorite movies.

I started nervously play with Damon's hair, this was the part were Stella was dieing. "It's just a movie babe" Damon reassures. "No it's not babe" I say mocking Damon when I said babe. He smirked "Did you just call me babe?" He was playing games. "Nope. I think you need to get your ears checked babe" I say. "You said it again" his smirk turns into a smile, which I return. I couldn't resist.

Right at the part were Stella woke up me and Damon started to kiss. "DINNERS DONE" Katherine yells from downstairs. Damon walks out first and I follow closely behind. My cheeks turn bright red when I see that Dave is home. "What happened to the two of you?" Kat asks.

Damon turned around so he could see my face. He turned around so he was facing Katherine "We kissed. Now it's weird" I looked at him with pure shock, I opened my mouth to confess but it was too late.

 Now it's weird" I looked at him with pure shock, I opened my mouth to confess but it was too late