We Talked and Talked

"So?" Kathrine tries to spark a conversation. No one has talked since Damon outed us earlier. Me and Damon were sitting on one side of the table while Katherine and Dave were sitting on the other. "I'm moving back in town" Kat says as she claps her hands excitedly. My head shoots up "really? Oh my gosh. Wait, what about college?" I say remembering that she is only in her freshman year of college, and her college is in London.

"I already asked and they said I could finish online." Kat says as if it's the most obvious thing in the world. "I didn't want to tell you until Seth found a house" she explains "and until we bought it....upfront, everything paid for." She continues. "Oh my gosh I'm so happy for you."

The whole time me and Kat were talking Dave was giving Damon a dirty look. I look over at Dave, giving him a warning look. "Hey, your dad is gone and he trust me. So I need to make sure he's good enough for you, besides I would've done this if he was still alive. The only difference is I would pull out my gun, giving him a detailed description on how I would kill him if he hurt you. Your like a daughter to me Hope" Dave rambles.

A small chuckle let's out from my lips, Dave looks over at me, confusion written all over his face. "Dad would've stopped working on our case, pulled out his gun and say he'd get the first shot. You guys probably would've argued letting him runaway." I explain, a smile on my face as I vision it actually going down.

"That's the whole point isn't it? To scare him away? If he doesn't get scared from my detailed description then when he breaks your heart I-" I cut him off. "If. If he breaks my heart" I correct Dave. "If he breaks your heart I'll shoot him where he can still make it out alive." I start laughing. Everyone looks at me like I'm crazy.

"Look at us. We're such a crazy 'family'" I say using air quotes on family since Dave was my dads best friend, aka like my second dad, Katherine was my best friend, and Damon was my boyfriend. Everyone starts to laugh with me.

Once dinner was done I asked Dave if Damon could spend the night and he agreed. Me and Damon went back up to my room and just hung out. Damon was one of the few people I could actually open up to and he's the last person I'm letting in. I can't go through all that pain again. If I do I just might lose it.

I look up at the ceiling and think about my mom and dad. "I'm thinking I should get a poster of my mom and dad's wedding photo." I say out loud. "That would be a good idea. But when you're ready. I'll even pay for it." Damon says sitting up from my bed. "No it's fine. You don't need to do all that" I rush. "We should watch a movie" I say changing the subject as I often do.

He lays back down and stares at me with his beautiful blue eyes. "I don't need to but I will." He says in a soft voice. I roll my eyes playfully while a smile lays on my face "whatever" I say as my smile advances, now showing teeth.

He bops me on the nose. "You are truly the most amazing and most beautiful woman I know." Damon says smiling. "What do you want to snack on?" I say changing the subject.

"Of course popcorn and soda. What kind of animal doesn't have popcorn and soda with their movie." Damon says crawling off the bed, me following. "I guess you're right that was a dumb qu-" I get cut off when Damon picks me up and carries me over his shoulder. I hit his back with my fist, "LET ME GO DAMON" I yell.

"What's the magic word?" Damon ask. "Um let me guess Dope?" I say in a questioning tone. Damon puts me down with confusion written all over his face. "Dope?" He asks. "Our ship name." I say looking down and tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear, feeling embarrassed.

"Makes since" he says with a smug look on his face then turns to me and smiles. "Your'e so perfect" Damon continues. I give him a questioning look. "I'm no where near perfect. Everyone around me gets killed. There's someone after me."

My anxiety hits me like a tornado. Damon rubs my back, which always help, in attempt to calm me down, he succeeded. "We'll find them I promise." Damon tries to reassure me.

"What if we don't" I say gripping the roots of my hair. "Like you said, you might know who it is." Damon says rubbing my shoulders. "What if I'm wrong? Professionals get these things wrong." I panic for what feels like the thousandth time.

"I'm telling you. We will find them, I will not let this case go unsolved. I will start investigating if I have to." Damon reassures me. I sigh "and I appreciate that but what if you get hurt?" I ask. "I won't" Damon replies while rubbing my cheek with his thumb.

"What movie do you want to watch?" I ask. "How about The Fault In Our Stars?" Damon asks. "You're in luck because I have my very own copy of it." I say with a smile on my face. "Great."

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

"Oh my gosh that was so sad." I say as I lift up my remote to turn off the TV.  "It's past midnight we should probably get to bed" Damon says and I nod my head in agreement. He gets off the bed and onto the floor. "What are you doing?" I ask. "Sleeping on the floor" Damon says. "No come cuddle with me" he shrugs his shoulders as if saying 'why not' and climbs back up.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

A/N: I am so sorry this took forever. It's been a rough couple of days. My dads birthday and death day are coming up so it's really hard. I couldn't really enjoy my summer because all I could think about was how I was gonna spend it with him this year. Thanks for understanding
-sam