~Chapter 8~

~3rd person pov~

Jinx was quivering in fear. The monochrome clown was so close to her face, his nose was millimeters from touching hers. She had stopped crying, and covered her mouth.
Her eyes were wide and she sank in to her bed as Laughing Jack loomed over her.

Jinx was still confused why he would want to do such a thing to a child. But she wanted to wait for him, and herself to both calm down before asking that question. Who knows? He might lash out again 

He continued to lean over Jinx, steadying his breathing. His eyes went back to their normal color of greyish blue.
Jinx calmed down as well, and they both continued to stare at each other. Giving the other a death glare.

Laughing jack had finally got off jinx and stood up, still looking down at her small frame.
He let out a scoff.
"You wouldn't understand anyway," he turned around and his back was now facing her.

Jinx stood up from her bed, but was cautious about this.
"Then... Then tell me. Make me understand," she said looking up at the tall clown that stood before her. Her words were stern, but she was on thin ice. He turned around with the quickness and looked down at her.

"Even if I did tell you," he said as he poked her nose. "You wouldn't understand."
"You," she said as she pointed a finger back at him. "Wouldn't know unless you told me."
He was abit taken aback by this.
Confusion was written all over his face. As if he was a child and someone told him no.

He let out a frustrated sigh, and looked away from her.
"Fine, if that's what you want. But I'm not going to tell you"
Jinx looked at him perplexed.
"I'm going to show you."

Jinx was confused, before she could ask any questions the light went off.
There was nothing but darkness surrounding her. She didn't move, as we feared if she did she would pump int something she didn't want to pump into.

As she opened her mouth to talk, a screen flickered on.  More to be exact, a projector. It looked old school fashion.
On the screen, was alittle boy. He looked like he was around to be 7 or 6 years old.
He was sitting on the edge of his bed, and he looked like he had been crying. This pulled at Jinx's heart strings. He looked so innocent, so small.

He eventually got into bed and cried himself to sleep. It reminded her of when she was young when her father went missing..
Then the screen faded to black, another one to the right of her appeared. It was the same little boy. He had just woken up.

He stretched and let out a long yawn. Once he was fully awake he noticed something on the edge of his bed. It was the same music box that she had. But instead of it being old and giving away, it was bright and colorful. It was beautiful.

The little boy was astonished at the colorful box at the end of his bed. He scooted over to it and gentally picked it up. He was turning it, examimg the beautiful music box. He saw the carved lettering on the box, and began to struggle to read it.
"L... Lau.. J.. Jack.... Laughing Jack in a box?"
He looked surprised and confused. As he was looking at the box, he noticed the crank in the side, and began to turn it.
A familiar tune of pop goes the weasel began to play. Jinx hummed along with the little boy as she watched.

"Pop goes the weasel!" he sang the last part as the box popped open. But nothing happend.
He sighed, clearly disappointed. As he got off of his bed to get dressed, but as he did. The box began to shake violently.

The boy stumbled back, falling on his butt, startled. As the box began to shake even more, it abruptly stopped.
All of a sudden, there was a flash of rainbow smoke. The boy coughed, not expecting the strange colorful smoke.