8

rapunzel . october 31, 2018

I fumbled with my phone as I grabbed it from the side pocket of my backpack. It's probably safest secured tightly in my hands, right?

I took a deep breath as I walked in the front doors of the school behind a ton of other people. Maybe if I'm in the crowd, there's less of a chance of me getting pranked.

I walked through the halls, trying to hold my head up, but it fell time and time again. The only attention I received was from bullies or perverts just looking to fuck me.

"Nice shape, weirdo," some guy commented.

One of his friends winked at me.

I bit my lip and walked a little faster. I noticed Clay and Paige standing across from my locker. I braved myself for the worst as I neared them.

I opened my locker quickly and stuffed the books I needed into my bag. I was able to do that before my locker was slammed shut.

I looked up at the smooth, tan hand. The nails were long and painted yellow. There was a gold ring on her pointer finger and two charm bracelets on her wrist.

"Well, look who decided to show up today," Paige said and smirked.

You could say that she was the Regina George of our school, except she didn't associate herself with females anymore and she was actually pretty. Her attitude wasn't as bad and she was mean only to certain people like me.

"Don't worry," Clay mumbled. "We won't prank you this year." He turned to Paige. "We shouldn't have done it during break last year cause that's how we got caught. Now, there's always teachers patrolling the halls. Thanks to you." He turned back to me. I swallowed the lump in my throat.

Paige moved out of my way and began to make out with Clay in my face.

"Jokes on you," I mumbled. "I don't even like him anymore."

Paige laughed. "I know you do. But like, these freshman kids were talking about this guy that had called you? Finally have a boyfriend?" she teased.

I frowned.

This wasn't supposed to happen.