Chapter 38

3RD PERSON POV

Opaque white hefty clouds masked the sky, blinding snow blanketed the ground, and the aroma of coffee beans filled the car as Dimitri and Abree made their way downtown to one of Dimitri's malls in Albany, not far from his home.

When the pair arrived at the enormous building, Abree's stomach began swirling with butterflies, she solely depended on her gut, but at this moment it was empty of foreshadow, only butterflies.

Dimitri knew the meeting was weighing on her, so he parked the car in the lot and held her soft dainty hands in his masculine ones. "What is it love?" Abree nervously bit her lip dismissing his question. She did not want to explain her silly reason for being nervous, what was she to say? My gut is empty therefore I'm nervous? No, of course not.

"Nothing, I'm fine-" Dimitri sighed knowing better, "You haven't spoken a word to me since last night." Abree kissed his cheek, "I know, I'm sorry baby. I just wish I wasn't so nervous- I'd take a bad feeling over this." Dimitri smiled giving Abree's hands a light kiss reassuring her that everything would be fine. "Sometimes, the unknown is better than the known." Abree relaxed a little knowing Dimitri only spoke the truth.

All eyes were on them as they entered the humongous mall. Security men nodded their way, some even gawked at boss' new lady. Dimitri held Abree firmly to his side showing his protectiveness of her, and most importantly wanting Abree to feel easy and in control of the situation, her father would arrive shortly.

While the couple were sitting in Dimitri's office, his assistant pinged him to inform them of Majeed's arrival. Abree hopped down from his lap and took a deep breath. A few seconds later, in walked a well dressed Majeed.

From afar he looked well, but up close you could see the peakiness seeping into his features. The bags forming underneath his eyes, the wrinkles on his cheeks, and last but not least.. his eyes, the red that thinly laced itself around his irises portrayed him to be dangerous. Even when sick, he still looked so vicious. Abree instantly sucked in a breath as she made eye contact with the man she once called father. He looks so bad she thought to herself. Dimitri, sensing the tension, whispered to Abree telling her to have control of her emotions as best as she could. "This is your time, use it however you want, do you want me to stay?"

Unable to remove her gaze, she denied shaking her head, Abree knew it was time for her to be a woman, and that meant facing her father, alone.

As Dimitri kissed her cheek Majeed nodded towards Dimitri receiving the calmest glare. Before he could react Abree dismissed him shaking her head with eyes still trained on her father. Reluctantly Dimitri left knowing he needed to remain calm for the sake of Abree. If he were to release his anger, her father would be dead, and this meeting would be a waste of Abree's time.

As soon as Dimitri left Majeed sat a few chairs away from Abree not sure how he should begin. Abree snapped herself back to reality, removed her coat, hung it on the coatrack, sat down and clasped her hands together. If she wanted answers she would have to keep herself intact.

"So, let's get straight to it shall we?" She asked sounding like Dimitri more than she intended.

Majeed inhaled agreeing, "What do you want to know?"

"Firstly, why did you wanna kill your wife and kids?"

"Your mother," he cleared his throat. "We were delighted when we came to know we were pregnant again, but your mother went crazy after the doctor told us you were a girl. I was the complete opposite, I remember," Majeed slightly smiled to himself genuinely feeling joy for the first time in years.