i. too stubborn.

the kids aren't alright.
chapter one, too stubborn !

                          SYDNEY HALE IS SOMEONE THAT APPARENTLY NEEDS TO BE SUPERVISED. thats what her father says, at least. she couldn't really blame him, she had a knack for doing whatever thing he didn't want her to do. he wants a glass of whatever, she brings him a glass of ice. though, then again, she doesn't like getting stuff for people as if she's a slave. and that is why she is a total stubborn maniac who is locked up in a cell in the skybox.

      she did one thing wrong; throw a bottle that was on fire at marcus kane.

      to say that her best friend was angry at her was an understatement, but months later he was locked up too with only a pout. it was adorable, to say the least, but sydney would never tell. or say that out loud. that'd just ruin her reputation that she definitely has. but then he ― nathan miller ― started to find it hilarious.

      sydney hale is a girl of many faces. and a girl of many phases. and a girl of, well, the opposite world. she doesn't know when it started, how it started, or why it started, but she does know that she will probably never ever change and that if these people don't like it, they can go away and live a boring life.

      sydney was pacing around her cell. she didn't know why, maybe it was out of boredom. but she was pacing. and having a slight panic. generally, it was because she had started thinking about her death. she didn't want to die, she wanted to make her father proud before her death arrives. and she can't do that from inside a jail cell.

      the door opened, causing her to stop in her tracks and turn towards the open door where a man stood with a raised eyebrow.

      "david!" she smiled, but he continued to look upset. of course, it was her best friends father, david miller, or as she likes to call him; senior. "whats going on?"

      "just shut up, sydney," david shook his head, grabbing her hand and latching something around her wrist quickly. she let out a wince, frowning when he just continued to bring her out.

      "am i being floated?" sydney muttered, only for her words to grow louder. "hey! i'm not even eighteen yet! at least not for another year!"

      "you're not being floated," david shook his head. "just wait, he'll explain everything."

      before she could ask who he was talking about, she was shoved into a dropship.