ch. 15

****** Christmas break*********

I can't believe it's already Christmas break. Meaning once we get back to school we'll have new classes and only a few more months left of school. I'm excited about it. I will no longer be a child to the world I will be and adult. I can't wait. 

My mom and Allie have been helping me set up Darcy's nursery even though Harry has told me a million times he want's me to move in with him. I'm just not sure that's a good idea right now. I mean yes I love him but, no one besides Allie knows he is the father. As far as everyone else is concerned I got pregnant on a one night stand and the father left. There are a few people that deserve to know the truth though and one of them is my mom.

I decided I'm going to tell her today. Hopefully she won't be to mad or upset. I can't be the reason Harry loses his job. I just can't. I walk down stairs in my pajamas. "Mom? Mom are you down here," I call out. "Yeah honey Allie and I are in the living room." I gulp and head towards our living room. 

When I walk in I see Allie and my mom laughing. Once my mom notices me she smiles. " What's wrong honey," she ask me. I look at Allie then back at my mom. "Mama. I have to tell you something but, first I need you to promise to not over react when I tell you." She looks at Allie then at me, " I promise honey. Now what's wrong?" I take a deep breath. "Mom the father of Darcy is Harry." My mom is still for a couple minutes before she looks at me. "Harry as in Mr. Styles your music teacher," she shouts. I nod and look down at the ground. 

"Abbigal why did you not tell me? Is he making you sleep with him? Did he rape you," She ask me a bunch of questions. I look up at her. " No mama he didn't force me or rape me. I knew fully well what I was getting myself into. I didn't plan on getting pregnant. We used a condom but it broke ending us up here. "

" We are going to the head of the school board and getting him fired," my mother shouts at me. " Mom no you can't. I-I..... I love him," I tell her bursting into tears. I run out of the living room and up the stairs to my room, locking the door behind me. I crawl up on my bed and hide under the covers. I wrap my arms around my legs, that are up at my chest, and sob. "Darcy baby what am I going to do," I cry. Just then I felt something move in my stomach. I know its too early but I swear Darcy just moved inside of me. It's like she could understand me.

****************

******* Christmas*********

I haven't said a lot to my mom since the day she threatened to get Harry fired. Luckily Allie had talked some since into her and she is agreeing for Harry and his family to come over today for Christmas. I hurry to the bathroom and strip out of my clothes. I turn the radio on and step into the shower. I begin to relax my muscles as one of my favorite songs starts to play. I start to sing along.

I remember tears streaming down your face

When I said, "I'll never let you go"

When all those shadows almost killed your light

I remember you said, "Don't leave me here alone"

But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight

Just close your eyes

The sun is going down

You'll be alright

No one can hurt you now

Come morning light

You and I'll be safe and sound

Don't you dare look out your window, darling,

Everything's on fire

The war outside our door keeps raging on

Hold on to this lullaby

Even when music's gone

Gone

Just close your eyes

The sun is going down

You'll be alright

No one can hurt you now

Come morning light

You and I'll be safe and sound

Oooh, Oooh, Oooh, Oooh

La La (La La)

La La (La La)

Oooh, Oooh, Oooh, Oooh

La La (La La)

Just close your eyes

You'll be alright

Come morning light,

You and I'll be safe and sound...

Oooh, oooh, oooh, oooh oh oh.

I hop out of the shower, turning it off, and wrapping a towel around my body. I put my hair up in another towel. I turn the radio off and head to my room. I pick up the dress my mom had picked out when we went shopping the other day and put it on. I glance in the mirror it looked really good in me. It even allowed little Darcy a chance to be seen. 

I hurry back to the bathroom. I brush my hair thoroughly to make sure all the knots are out. I start to french braid the front then left the rest in a ponytail. I start on my make-up. I start with a little foundation. Next is eye liner, then eye shadow. I'm not really into mascara so I won't be using that. I grab my strawberry daiquiri lip gloss and apply it to my lips. I glance once more at the mirror before leaving the bathroom.

I hear a knock on the front door. Knowing it's Harry and his family.I head downstairs to open the front door. When I open the door my mouth drops to the floor as I finally realize who's in front of me.