Chapter 3: Fix A Heart

Selena’s POV:

Maybe going into that room hadn’t been the best thing for me right then. What I saw threw all my happiness outta the window. I could never have thought that my surprise, the thing I'd being waiting for from the second Nadiah told me about it, was gonna turn out this way.

“Oh, hello there guys.” I heard a voice say.

But it was all to muffled because of the scene in front of me. I just couldn’t bring myself to believe it was true. Chaz sat on a desk, with his arms wrapped around a girl who seemed vaguely familiar, their noses touching. The worse part? Chaz was smiling.

It took me a while to process what was going on in there. Isn’t it obvious? a voice in my head said, He’s dumping you for this chick. But that’s jumping to conclusions, so I decided to try and understand.

“Er… What are you doing with my boyfriend?” I said, pointedly.

The girl just giggled and kept staring into Chaz’s eyes. I felt anger and sense of betrayal build up inside me. I had come here for a surprise, yes, but not something like this. Not to see my boyfriend with some random girl, sitting uncomfortably close. I just wanted to slap both of them at the moment.

 I turned towards Justin slowly,
“And aren’t you going to say—?” I broke in mid-sentence, seeing the expression on his face.

I followed his gaze to the girl sitting on Chaz’s lap. Anger boiled up inside me.

“You know her?” I asked sharply. But then it struck me.

The same blight brown eyes, the same golden-brown hair, this had to be Jazzy Bieber. Chaz had talked about her a few times, but Justin never joined in. Well, whatever it was, it was a story for another time. And to be honest, that discovery didn’t help me much.

It only made me feel more let down and left out. Even Justin was involved in this? I thought he was the only friend I could trust, but apparently not. Not with the sudden turn arounds of today.

As I felt myself breaking down, only one word escaped my lips, “Why?”

I heard Chaz smirk and looked him square in the eye. He pointed to me and Justin, as if clearing the point. I didn’t get it at first, but then realization hit me. Me walking off with Justin behind me, us coming back together, talking, laughing, and now, me standing with Justin’s arm around me for support. He suspected us.

I immediately stepped away from Justin, causing him to stumble a bit. He gave me a reproachful look but I ignored it. If there was anyone who should be giving looks, it’s me.

“So you had all this planned, huh?” I asked both the boys, trying to keep my head from spinning. I’d forgotten what Chaz had just stated, because it was too much to bear, and totally obnoxious. Me and Justin? Why would I do that? I decided it was some kid of an excuse to get rid of me. Yeah, that’s what it was.

“Let’s all go break Selena’s heart, was it that?” I continued, my voice cracking. I wasn’t gonna pay attention to what they had said, ever said to me before this, because after this, I wouldn’t be able to trust anybody.

If I had ever imagined a break up, with whoever, I could never have imagined it to be something like this. I used to think it’ll be a simple, ‘We need to talk’ and then a lot of crying and we separate. Well, there was gonna be a lot of crying for sure, but it was gonna hurt ten times more. Definitely. I directed a few lines to Chaz, but I don’t think he even acknowledged my existence anymore. I turned back to Justin, stepping away.

“You, off all people? Did you play along with him or, or…” I didn’t even know what to say.
It never occurred to me how much Justin meant to me, as a friend. As someone who always cheered me up, always brought me back to my normal happy self. Someone who I could trust and turn to. Someone, was actually very important to me, but I never knew.

“Selena, I had no idea! This is, I couldn’t have imagined all of this. He himself said he doubted… us.” Justin said, finishing slowly.

I wiped a tear from my cheek and put on my best fake smile, backing out of the room. I couldn’t handle any more of this. Enough is enough.
“So much for the great surprise. Thanks a lot.” I muttered, and with that, left the room.

On my entire way to the washroom, Justin’s expression haunted me. Did he actually care? I didn’t think so, seeing that he wasn’t with me right now. But to think of it, he had his sister to worry about. This was an unbelievable mess.

Any girl with Chaz was sure to get hurt. I’d seen and felt enough to know that.
Sighing, I walked in front of the mirror and looked at my tear stained cheeks, my eyes red. I realized that been holding back my pain till that moment, I pretty much burst into tears.

I leaned against the sink and let my hair fall over my face. All of a sudden, I heard a pair of footsteps come in. I felt Nadiah’s hands pull me up straight and calm me down. Thank God it was just her.

“Sel,” she said, her voice steady, “What happened?”

I stopped sobbing and looked at her, blurting out the entire incident, not leaving out a single detail. But I was sure now, that it was gonna be okay, Nadiah was here. She's been with me through everything, always.

Her eyes widened as I explained about Chaz and his new girlfriend. I guess she didn’t expect it either. Chaz had done a really good job surprising us all.

“It came out of nowhere, I know.” I said, reading her mind.

She smiled reassuringly, and led me out of the washroom, after I’d washed my face thoroughly.
While walking back to class, I couldn’t help thinking at the back of my mind, it hadn’t been Justin’s fault. He wasn’t even part of it. While Chaz, huh, he didn’t care a bit. His only motive had been to break my heart. And he’d succeed all right. My entire world felt crushed.
Thankfully, there were still a few minutes for lunch to close, so I reached class in time. But, I did miss having my lunch. And let me tell you, that didn’t help my mood one bit.

But I guess my life was never gonna get fixed.

___

Heyyy, so how was it? I’m sorry if this wasn’t that interesting, it’ll get better, I promise. Please leave reviews, your feedback and thoughts here. And please hit LIKE if you enjoyed! Love all of you. :]

PS: these 3 chapters were saved, so I posted them all in one day. The next chapter will probably be up on Tuesday, I have exams going on. Okay, please vote and thanks for reading guys!