Chapter 11: Friendship or Love

P.O.V Cathia

The program of finding that mysterious man on a mysterious cliff was postponed. Well... because of me.

I had a fever last night, a bad one because I accidentally slept on the living room's couch and fell unconscious. The worst part was that Leo had to carry me to my bed. It was a little unusual and maybe, awkward too because he also took care of me all night with Caitlin.

Now, he was sleeping on the couch of our room, and he was looking so funny and kind of cute too because his one leg and one hand were touching the ground while his mouth was slightly open.

I started thinking about things other than Leo. But the first thing that came to me was last night's moon.

I always ran away from my faults and flaws. I've always sealed them in an envelope and then threw them in a forbidden and forgotten corner. They haunted me for the past seven years.

But now, I've told my secret to Leo, a part of it. I don't even know if I should've told him or not? Maybe, he's trustworthy...

I was getting bored, so I stood up from the bed which I shared with Evelyn, and walked towards the window. The city was waking up, and the sun was rising behind the clouds. I looked at that beautiful scene and then walked towards the door.

Suddenly, I stopped in my tracks. Someone grabbed my wrist, and a muffled scream escaped my mouth. I looked back only to find a sleepy Leonard rubbing his eyes with one hand while his other hand was still holding my wrist. He opened his eyes making me step back because his eyes were dark. And then they came back to their original color or should I say, they came back to life. Blue-blue eyes.

"Where were you going?" He said with his sleepy, narrowed eyes.

"I...... I was.........." I gulped nervously.

"I didn't ask what you were, I asked where were you going?" He looked bored and strange. He didn't look like the previous friendly Leo.

"I was going to the kitchen to help Caitlin," I said so quickly, I wondered if he understood or not.

"Have you forgotten that you are sick?" He asked still holding my wrist which was badly trembling. In fact, my whole body was trembling. Why? I didn't know.

"N... No."

"Then?"

His eyes started becoming... umm... deep. They were changing colors. They first became a bit dark, then royal blue, and then turned black.

Black.

Oh, Shit. Black!!!

The same black they became when I met him the first day, and then he became the same robotic Leo. "I asked 'then'?" And I literally forgot that he asked this question before.

"Then....." I tried to make a sentence, but none came out. He started closing the distance between us, and it was scary the way he looked.

"Leo..." I gathered myself and said, "Stop it, Leo you're scaring me." By that time, a tear rolled down my cheek. I held my hand tightly to escape his hold.

His eyes flickered, and the blue peeked from inside. We both came back to reality. He released my hand instantly and looked afraid.

"Leo, wake... uhh... sorry." Caitlin came and bit her tongue, making us break the trance. That was the moment we realized that we were standing just 4 inches away. We pulled apart and awkwardly looked anywhere but each other. Caitlin was standing at the door. " I never knew that you two were this close to each other."