Chapter 23: Hopeful Talk or Death Fight

P.O.V Lionel

Slipping my hand away from her waist, I lightly smiled and turned towards the window. Settling myself there, on the window sill, I looked back at both of them. They were looking at me like I was a saint, there to help them out of their problems.

"Any explanations?" Leo asked as Caitlin's dad.

"Why?" I cocked my head, raising my eyebrow.

"I mean... What the... was... how... I mean..." Leo couldn't make any explanation himself. That was why everybody feared me in the business field. I made them confused with their own questions, and that was quite simple to do. I finally chuckled at his condition.

"Shut up!" He glared at me. I rolled my eyes.

"Well, it wasn't totally my fault. She dragged me in." I pointed my finger at Caitlin, who was still smiling at the floor. "She forced me into this."

Their expressions suddenly changed. Leo looked at Caitlin in surprise, and Caitlin looked at me, all turned up red like a bomb. And it made me smile, which soon enough broke into a big one after hearing her words.

"How's this all my fault? And how the hell do you think I can drag a 6 feet tall, really gentleman into this, huh?" She glared at me. The one thing I liked about her was that she could be rude, stubborn, shy, or anything like all the other girls, but she would never stand back from taking a step forward for herself.

"Anyway." Leo interrupted our intense stare competition by waving a hand, "How long..." He gestured towards us, "...has this been happening?"

"Since day one."

"Oh, crap!" Leo chuckled dryly. I tried to control the smile which came to my lips after looking at Caitlin's eyes which were so wide open that for a moment, I thought they'll come out and drop down on the floor, rolling everywhere in the room. I smiled at her.

"Okay, well. I came here because Dad was calling us down. Rose has something important to discuss, and... Lion," He stopped, giving me a pitiful look. "Stop it, you're smiling like a patient of constipation." They both burst into waves of laughter. They started laughing hard, and when it didn't satisfy them, Leo fell dramatically on the floor, clenching his stomach to laugh for some more minutes.

Giving them a poker look, I stepped towards the door, a gesture to tell them that I'm not very pleased. But then I stopped, and looking back at his grinning face, I said, "Are you done exposing your teeth in the toothpaste ad? Can we go down now?"

"Yes, yes. Why not?" He grinned further, trying to hold back his laugh until he whispered in my ear, not to let Caitlin hear, "Well, are you done with your girl? Or did you plan some more?"

I glared at him, but then, after all, I was his brother. So, I also laughed, slapping his arm. I didn't look back at her because I knew that whenever I look, it'll be my time to get scolded by her, and I wouldn't bother that in front of Leo.

When we reached down, suddenly with a click, Leo asked about Cathia before anyone said anything. And then I noticed that she wasn't there.

"She went out," Liam said.

"Where?" Rose suddenly said with so much shock that we jumped on our places.

******

P.O.V Cathia

"Do you still remember that?" I asked looking up. The leaves gently dropping down with the wind. We were sitting on a forest bench. I closed my eyes, trying to forget what I was interrogating, and focused on the breeze, but it was too hard to do. Everything was too hard these days.