Chapter 6: Secret's Out

I look at MJ, Ned, and Peter, all together in Peter's room. I was about to tell them that I was from an alternate universe. How crazy is that.

"Peter and I brought you here..." I begin my speech. "...because you need to know something. Peter and I have a secret that we need to tell you."

"Peter is Spider-man." MJ blurts out, looking at all our shocked faces. "Oh come on. You all knew. I mean it was so obvious."

Peter stands up completely taken by surprise. "No I'm not, that's absurd."

"Peter sit down." I tell him pointing to the chair at his desk. "We all knew this already, and MJ is smart and is not going to tell anyone." At that, he sits down and lets me finish talking. "Anyway, you are correct, MJ." I saw as I look at her. "But that is not the secret. You all need to promise me that no matter what I say, you will keep an open mind and at least try to believe me." I look around for their approval.

"Sure, I mean it can't be crazier than Peter Parker being Spider-man." MJ says, nonchalantly. Peter gives a hurt look. "Sorry Peter, I mean it's true."

"Anyway." I try to change the subject. "I'm from an alternate universe where superheroes and villains don't exist, they only exist in movies and comic books. I touched Pym particles and suddenly I was zapped here with no record of me anywhere, which is surprising because everyone who existed on my planet is still here, except for me. Which makes me suspicion. Oh, and on my earth I have a crush on the person who plays Peter Parker in the movies, Tom Holland."

"Makes sense." Is all I hear MJ say. Ned just stares at me.

"What do you mean makes sense? That made like zero sense, except the part where she said she had a crush on Peter." Ned says, mouth still gaping. Which is a face that I have come accustomed to, when it comes to Ned.

"I mean, I did search up her name earlier and found no record of anyone with that name and face. Something did seem wrong about you, too. I mean wrong as in off." MJ replies.

"The point is, guys, is that I need to get home. I thought you guys might be able to help."

"I'm in." Ned and MJ say at the same time.

"But where do we start?" Peter, who had been silently sitting in the corner, suddenly sat up.

"Well, you said something about Pym particles taking you here, right Melissa?" Ned looks at me as he pulls out his laptop from his backpack.

"Yeah, but how does that help?"

"Well, maybe if we go to see the people who invented them , that we can ask for some information about them to see if they could take you back." Ned pulls up a picture of Scott Lang, Hope, and Hank Pym.

"You're a genius. I don't know about Hank, but I know where Hope and Scott live."

"How do you know where they live?" MJ walks up to me as if trying to figure me.

"The same way I know about all you guys, I watched the movie."

"I can drive us there in Aunt May's car." Peter suggests.

"Okay, but I suggest we wait until Saturday. So we can be back in time for school." I say, worried about education, as always.

"Sounds like a plan. So we meet back here Saturday." Peter says.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the week goes by very slowly. School was the same each day, I would hang out with Ned, MJ, and Peter. We would discuss my universe and what was different about it, compared to this universe.

Me and Peter grew closer, and would stay up each night talking. He became closer than even my best friends back home were. And any time I had problems that I needed to get off my chest, I would cry in his arms as he listened to them.

I think it's a good thing that I came to this universe, so that I could meet Peter.