O N E

O N E ~ L U N A

School was a shit' place to be. For everyone, always. It wasn't a place for learning, nor has it ever been. That's just what you're told. But all you actually do is getting stuff taught so you can compete with everybody else in class: who's going to remember most of this bullshit until our next test comes up.
"I'm going to kill myself." Blake said rolling his eyes as his teacher told him to show her his homework. Blake grabbed his notebook and walked to the front dropping it on her desk. Disrespect was dripping off of his eyes, as they reflected nothing but hate towards that woman sitting in before him. He usually wasn't the type of person to disrespect anyone, but maths had him out of his mind. "It's wrong." She said looking up. "No shit." He answered rolling his eyes again. "You didn't call me to the front thinking it was right, did ya?" He said, sass echoing through the room. "Blake, I'm trying my best to teach you, you're just not willing to cooperate." She said, but Blake knew he was trying. In fact he was trying so hard to at least get a single task right that it usually left him so frustrated, he couldn't even get in a fine mood ever anymore. Blake was pissed, and it was quite obvious to everyone. He was pissed, because Miss Gregson thought he didn't try. "Blake, there's nothing I can do for you, if you don't at least try to understand what I'm telling you." She said and he clenched his fist, his nails digging into his palm. He wanted to leave, he wanted to run, but there he stood while his teacher kept on talking about how hard she tries and how Blake doesn't try at all.
"Isn't it enough?" Luna asked. She was his best friend; "Sorry?" The teacher turned to face her. "Isn't it enough?" She just repeated. "Like what are you going for? Wanna make him cry in front of the class? Like this isn't humiliating enough already? I don't really think you have any right to insult him the way you just did." She explained. Blake loved her for always speaking up for him and felt really sorry that he could never do the same for her. "So, what I'm asking you is: isn't is enough?" She said, keeping constant eye contact with their teacher. "Luna, you know that I dislike you telling me how to teach children. I can put you in detention any time." Miss Gregson threatened. "Yeah, you can do that. You can punish me for standing up for someone when I thought he wasn't being treated correctly. You can go ahead and teach us that in this free society we have no right to speak up when being done wrong. Or maybe, for once, you could listen-"
"Enough!" Miss Gregson said loudly. "Blake, take your seat. Both of you detention on Friday." She said and they both rolled our eyes. "Sorry." She said as he said down. "Thanks." He answered making her smile at him. "Well, Luna since we've got so much to say, why don't we say it in a test. Everyone, papers and pens out!" Everyone moaned and send mean glares to the two kids in the back.
This wasn't fair, but they were just kids. What were they supposed to do. Luna spoke up so loud about how punishing people in this pretend free society was bullshit but nobody listened. So they all sat there in silence, their hate towards the world so loud but no one could hear. "I'm not doing it." Luna whispered. "Even if I fail this class, I'm not doing it." She added. "You're defeated. We can't really do anything, can we? Just give up on it." Blake said looking down at his sheet. Luna knew he was right but both hated that he was. Blake was hoping for her to say anything to prove him wrong, but she couldn't think of anything.

×××
"Mate, Miss Gregson just had is write a test." George said sitting down next to Reece on a bench. "Oof. How'd you do?" Reece asked as he got his sandwich out. "Hey, Reece." A girl said as George was about to answer and he winked at her making her grin. "You don't even know her name. I hate it." George said instead of telling him more about maths. Reece just shrugged. Every time the two if them were at a new school every girl was going crazy over Reece. Some for a week or two, some for months and some for years.

Luna walked her way towards George and Reece, Blake following closely behind her. "George?" She asked stopping in front of them, her heart beating so loud, she was scared someone could hear it. Blake had his hands behind his back, his eyes laid on a ball that was just kicked into a tree and was stuck there. "Yes?" George asked turning towards her. Reece eyes met her but immediately wandered towards the boy next to her staring at the tree. "I was wondering if you and Reece would like to- to like come to my party. This Saturday." She said, slightly stuttering and cursing herself for it. Reece looked at the children running around the tree and throwing stuff up, trying to get the ball off the tree. "Sure. Just text us." He told her and smiled. "Oh, okay." She smiled and walked off. George and Reece both stared at Blake who stared at Luna walking off. She turned around as soon as she noticed that she wasn't talking to Blake. "Asshole. I was talking to you. I probably seem crazy to everyone who heard me." She said walking back and hit him. "I didn't feel like walking over there just to walk back as soon as you realise that you can't text them without their phone number." He said rubbing his arm. "Oh." She said but hit him again. George already took his phone out and gave it to Luna. "Just type your number in. I'll text you." He smiled at her and her shaky hands took his phone. "If you drop it, that's it with the first impression." Blake whispered to push her anxiety over the edge. "I can't type, Blake. Please." She said, her voice trembling as Blake took the phone. "It's fine. I got you." He chuckled to calm her down a bit.
George didn't understand. In every class, she was the loudest to speak up, always so confident, but now she was so scared that he wanted to hold her forever and tell her she's safe. No homo of course or hetero? No lovely.
Reece stared at Blake the entire time and Blake stared back until Luna took Blake's hand making both boys look down. "See you then." She smiled and walked off with Blake.

Reece let his head fall back as he sighed while George watched after them. "They were the reason we wrote that test in the first place." He said. "But I can't be mad at them because they were right." He added.
"Your hands are sweaty." Blake said and Luna let go of his hand. "I hate you." She said and chuckled. "So, George, hm?" Blake grinned making her punch his shoulder once again.
It wasn't George. It was Reece, but she didn't want to tell him.