f o u r

F O U R ~ can I kiss you?

Blake felt like he might spend the rest of his life in any bathroom, crying. He hated it, he hated how much he loved the way he felt towards Reece, he hated how much he liked Reece and he hated how there was nothing that felt only remotely close to what Reece feels like. He hated himself and everything he was. "Why couldn't I just fall for a girl, goddamnit. Like a normal boy my age." He damned himself once again punching into his own head. Punching himself had no positive results on his sexuality, but at least he felt like it had. He felt like maybe if he hit hard enough, the part in his brain that's telling him he's into boys might just die.

#######: hey, it's me Reece.
11.20am

#######: you left early. I didn't get to see you. I just want to check that everything's fine with you.
11.20am

Blake smiled at himself, all his anger from just a second ago gone as he typed in an answer.

Blake: Yes, I'm good. My mum called in the morning and told me she needed me at home so I left.
11.21am

Blake: how are you feeling? You were pretty wasted when George and I walked you home.
11.21am

Reece: I wasn't. And I surely wasn't drunk when we were at mine.
11.21am

"God, God, God help me." Blake thought as his heart started beating faster again. He thought about every time Reece had called him beautiful and now he knew he didn't just say it because he was drunk.

Reece: we can't tell anyone tho
11.21am

Blake: I know.
11.21am

Reece: see you at school iguess.
11.22am

Blake: see you x
11.22am

Blake's heart was racing at the x he sent, but little did he know Reece's was, too.
Reece turned his phone off and went to take a shower, hoping to wash the thought of Blake off. But all he could think off was how beautiful Blake was and everything they had done yesterday. Reece was completely overwhelmed and God knows he didn't want to be gay.

Reece: Hey, Lu? You want to come over?
12.11pm

Luna🌙: Sure. I'll be there in 5?
12.11pm

Reece: Great. See you then.
12.12pm

Reece hated himself for what he was about to do. But he needed to be straight.
Luna still knew that there was no romance between her and Reece, but just like before: he was her crush for the past years. No way was she going to say no.

"Hey." Luna said as Reece opened the door. He wasn't wearing a shirt and his hair was still wet.
Luna's eyes immediately went to his chest and Reece pulled her inside. He pressed his lips against hers, but he felt nothing. He had just told himself the day before that he never wanted to touch anyone that wasn't Blake.
Here he was, kissing his best friend, pressing her against the wall and the only reason his heart could have to beat faster was the fear of hurting Blake.
"Goddamnit." Reece yelled stepping back and punching the wall. "I'm straight, Luna. I know I am." He yelled and punched wall again. "Reece stop." She said and took his hand. His hand was bleeding quite a lot, the wall had stains, too. "Listen, you're 16 years old. Blake is still 15. You two are too young to destroy yourselves over something like love. Especially when it's so easy. You two love each other and the only problem you've got is that you can't love yourselves. Quite a stupid reason to lose someone, innit?" She said, but Reece was sure he didn't love Blake and knew for a fact that Blake didn't love him. "You know we're straight, right? There is no love. We like each other.. as friends." Reece explained making Luna sigh. "Okay. Come on." She said and walked him to the kitchen to wash his hands and bandage them. They didn't talk at all until both sat down on the couch in Reece's living room. "Don't you want to kiss him?" Luna asked out of the blue making Reece blush immediately at the thought of it. Yes, he so so wanted to kiss Blake.
Reece pulled his knees up to his chest and put his arms around his legs. His chin leaned against his kneecaps. "I'll take that as a yes. Why don't you do it, then?" She asked. "Because I'm straight?" Reece said aggressively. "Yea, I get that. But like for one second just pretend like sexualities don't exist. You want to kiss him, what's stopping you?" Luna asked. "He could push me away and then I could not even be friends with him. I wouldn't want him to completely lock me out. If I can't kiss him I at least want to be able to talk to him. To be close with him. I feel like I couldn't be happy if I'm not near him." He told her and then –just like Blake– used his own fist to punch into his own head. "Why did he have to come into my life. I've never felt like this before, I hate it. I don't even know him, but it feels like he has so much control over me." Reece cried. "Then get to know him." Luna just shrugged. "I've got better places to be. You could hang with him." She lied knowing she'd spend the rest of her day at home alone.