'16'

18th October

"I find it ironic that a person you are defending inside that castle is a child murderer!" The monster swam up to Tati, an evil grin across her lips.

"No! Aquaria and Miz aren't!"

Kameron grasped the monster's wrist, throwing her to the wall.

"Ignore her! She's trying to get in your head. Destroy the machine quickly-" Kameron turned to face the monster, who was rising up, angered.

"Don't touch it!"

"Why? What's so special about it?" Kameron smiled sinisterly, swimming back and threw her elbow into the glass, smashing it, which of course caused a vacuum; it was full of air.

"You idiot!" The monster's eyes widened, terrified. Kameron grabbed Tati's tail.

"Tati, go home, I can handle her myself." Kameron swam upwards, letting Tatianna go. But she refused, worried, her eyes fixed on the broken glass.

"What if that big glass was important?"

"No, it isn't. It was only full of air--" Kameron gasped, a sudden realisation striking her like a bolt of lightning. She beamed and turned to face the monster with determination. "That means-" Kameron swam down to the monster, who was too distracted to notice her coming like a harpoon from above. Kameron hit her with a loud smack, sending her flying into the wall once again. "You're an air breather!"

The injured monster held her shoulder, sitting up.

"You caught me, well done." She smirked. "But I can still kill you even without extra air!" She bared her claws, leaning forwards and lunges towards Kameron with surprising strength. Kameron wasn't unguarded, and was determined to get out of here as soon as possible.
She grasped Tati's wrist and dodged the monster's claw, feeling proud.

"We're out of here. She won't last long in here without oxygen." Kameron held the siren to her chest and made way to the iron door, using her tail to slam it shut behind her.

"She will follow us-"

"Not if we lose her." Kameron swam at the best of her ability, going faster as she adjusted to the current that brought her out into the ravine, finding her way up the underwater cliff. Her heart was pounding, still shaken up by the small fight they had, rather over confident as the monster landed no hits on her. "We're free!" Kameron brought herself along the flat sandy surface, swimming slower and relaxing her muscles.
Tati gleamed, huddling closer to Kameron for warmth, finally feeling safe.