Taking Over Christmas

The citizens of Halloween Town had everything ready for Christmas. Sally poured fog juice into a fountain. Jack and the girls appeared from a coffin and the citizens applauded. Mirai, Riko, Kotoha and Mofurun were dressed as elves while Jack was dressed as Santa. "Remind me again, why do we have to wear these outfits?" asked Riko. "Because Santa's elves help him and we're helping Jack" Mirai replied. "I like these outfits-mofu! They're cute!" said Mofurun. "Makes you really feel like it's Christmas!" said Kotoha. "Think of us as you soar triumphantly through the sky outshining every star. Your silhouette a dark blot on the moon, you who are our pride, you who are our glory, you who have frightened billions into an early grave" the mayor said to Jack. The fog started to get worse. "You who have eh, devastated the souls of the living..." the mayor continued, nervously. "Oh no! We can't take off in this! The reindeer can't see an inch in front of their noses" said Jack. "Whew!" Sally said in relief. "This fog's as thick as, as..." said a vampire. "Jelly brains" said a cyclops. "Thicker!" said the vampire. "There go all of my hope, my precious plans, my glorious dreams." Jack said sadly. "There goes Christmas" a kid cried. Zero barked. "No Zero, down boy. My what a brilliant nose you have. The better to light my way! To the head of the team, Zero! We're off!" said Jack as he and the girls got into the sleigh. "Wait Jack, no!" Sally tried to stop Jack but he had already taken off. The citizens cheered. "Ho ho ha ha ha!" Jack laughed. Now Sally was very worried. "Good bye Jack, my dearest Jack. Oh how I hope my premonition is wrong and that those girls will help him" she said. Sally started singing a song talking about her feelings towards Jack.

Sally: I sense there's something in the wind

That feels like tragedy's at hand
And though I'd like to stand by him
Can't shake this feeling that I have
The worst is just around the bend

And does he notice my feelings for him?
And will he see how much he means to me?
I think it's not to be

What will become of my dear friend?
Where will his actions lead us then?
Although I'd like to join the crowd
In their enthusiastic cloud
Try as I may, it doesn't last

And will we ever end up together?
No, I think not, it's never to become
For I am not the one

Jack directed the skeleton reindeer to a city. "Jack, are you sure this is a good idea?" Mirai asked hypothetically. "Don't worry. Everything will turn out okay" Jack replied. "You guys remember the plan?" Mirai whispered to her friends. "After Jack gives each present, we use our magic to turn the toys into harmless ones" Riko whispered back. "This has to work. Sally is counting on us" Kotoha whispered. "Right!" said the girls. "What are you talking about back there?" Jack asked after he heard their conversation. "Um, we were just talking about how much the people will love the presents" Mirai replied. "That's what I like to hear" Jack smiled. He landed loudly on top of a house, waking up the kid that was sleeping inside. "Santa!" the kid said excitedly. Jack jumped into the chimney and the girls stayed on the sled and took out their magic wands. The little kid climbed downstairs and went into the family room. When he saw Jack, he gasped "Santa?" "Merry Christmas! And what is your name?" Jack asked him. The kid didn't know how to respond. "That's all right. I have a special present for you anyway. There you go sonny" said Jack, giving the present to the kid. He laughed before going back up the chimney. "Cure Up Ra Pa Pa! Scary toy, turn into a harmless toy" the girls quickly said. The wands didn't do anything. "That's odd. The wands should've done the trick" said Kotoha. "What trick?" asked Jack. The girls were startled. "Nothing!" they replied.

"And what did Santa bring you honey?" the kid's mom asked him. The kid pulled out a shrunken head from the box. Both of his parents screamed. "Merry Christmas!" Jack called as he continued his course. At a police station, the phone rang and an officer picked it up. "Hello, police...Attacked by Christmas toys? That's strange. That's the second toy complaint we've had" he said into the phone. As Jack kept delivering presents, the Halloween Town citizens watched his progress from a cauldron and the girls kept trying to make the presents harmless, but their magic wasn't working at all. They could hear the screams of the people Jack delivered presents to. "Why isn't our magic working?" Kotoha panicked. "I don't know! Maybe we're not thinking hard enough, or that it's because this is a dream?" Mirai panicked. "Whatever the reason is, we can't focus on it because this is how it's going to be. Just like in the movie" said Riko. Mofurun was scared. The police kept getting calls one after another about the toys. "Reports are pouring in from all over the globe that an impostor is shamelessly impersonating Santa Claus, mocking and mangling this joyous holiday." reported a newscaster. The Halloween Town citizens cheered. Sally listened closely to the cauldron. "Police assure us that this moment, military units are mobilizing to stop the perpetrator of this heinous crime" the newscaster continued. Sally was shocked after hearing that. "Jack, someone has to help Jack. Where'd they take that Sandy Claws?" she said.

"Look everyone, search lights!" Jack spotted some lights. They weren't search lights. They were lights from the military and the military began firing at Jack. "They're celebrating! They're thanking us for doing such a good job." Jack said, happy. "Actually-" Mirai began before one fire almost hit Zero. "Whoa, careful down there, you almost hit us." said Jack. Zero barked with fear. "It's ok, Zero. Head higher!" Jack told his dog. The girls had a bad feeling about this. Meanwhile at Oogie Boogie's lair, "Are you a gamblin man, Sandy? Let's play." Oogie taunted Santa. He then spotted Sally's leg. "Mmmm.. my, my...what have we here?" he said. As Oogie went over to check it out, Sally's hands began to rescue Santa. "I'll get you out of here." Sally whispered to him. "Ah, lovely. Tickle, tickle, tickle. Tickle, tickle, tickle." Oogie tickled Sally's leg. Sally's hands untied Santa. Then Oogie realized that there was no body to the leg. "What?! You trying to make a dupe out of me?" he yelled. He sucked the air and managed to suck Santa and Sally back in. "Who's next on my list. Ah, little Harry and Jordan. Won't they be surprised." Jack checked his list. Then at last, the sleigh was hit. "They're trying to hit us!" Mirai said. "ZERO!" Jack cried to his dog. The sleigh got hit one more time and everyone began to fall. But the girls quickly got onto their Magic Brooms and grabbed Jack to get him down to safety. The Halloween Town citizens were relieved as they watched from the cauldron. "Thank you so much, ladies. I owe you one for saving my life" Jack said to the girls when they landed. "No problem, Jack" said Riko. Jack's mood quickly changed from relief to shame.

Jack: What have I done?
What have I done?
How could I be so blind?
All is lost, where was I?
Spoiled all, spoiled all
Everything's gone all wrong

What have I done?
What have I done?
Find a deep cave to hide in
In a million years they'll find me
Only dust and a plaque That reads, 'Here Lies Poor Old Jack"

But I never intended all this madness, never
And nobody really understood, well how could they?
That all I ever wanted was to bring them something great
Why does nothing ever turn out like it should?

Well, what the heck, I went and did my best
And, by god, I really tasted something swell
And for a moment, why, I even touched the sky
And at least I left some stories they can tell, I did

And for the first time since I don't remember when
I felt just like my old bony self again
And I, Jack, the Pumpkin King
That's right! I am the Pumpkin King, ha, ha, ha, ha

And I just can't wait until next Halloween
'Cause I've got some new ideas that will really make them scream
And, by God, I'm really going to give it all my might
Uh oh, I hope there's still time to set things right
Sandy Claws, hmm

"We know where he is" said Kotoha. "Those kids Lock, Shock and Barrel took him to Oogie Boogie's layer-mofu" said Mofurun. "Then we have no time to lose! Let's go!" said Jack.