03

"hey sooyoung," joohyun asked the girl waiting for customers at the cashier.

"yeah?" she responded.

"can you like go outside and ask people to come in? i guess this is what happens when no one knows about how good your macaroons are," joohyun asked with a small touch of humor.

"of course, but i promise that this place'll get popular soon. it's bound to be with these amazing things," sooyoung replied as she took a macaroon from the display box and ate it with an exaggerated expression of how good it was.

and so, sooyoung went outside with the normal sign. it was like that for a few days already— having no customers. "macaroons inside!! they're really really good!! we have cookies too!! red velvet cake!! baked goods at low prices!!" she said, smiling and hoping that anyone would come to her and eventually go into the store.

"ah, i don't know," she whispered under her breath as she began to look down on the floor in exhaustion when she noticed a pair of black converse enter her view. she looked up to reveal a familiar face. "kim yerim!! it's been so long!!" she happily exclaimed as she went in for a hug.

"yeah. how's your summer going?" yerim asked. her sleek look with a white shirt inside of a plaid almost shined as she stared at the taller girl.

"it's fine, i guess. i just wish that someone went into joohyun unnie's store."

"oh? her store? she finally opened it?" yerim said as she casually walked in with sooyoung following behind her. "unnie!!" she yelled as she ran into joohyun's arms.

"hey! it's been so long since you've seen me! you're so, ugh," joohyun said as she ruffled the girl's straight brown hair.

"you two must be close..." sooyoung said as she scratched her nape.

"close? please, i could kill this kid," joohyun joked as she playfully hit yerim's arm. "she's my little sister."

"oh!!!"

"yeah, she's just been way too busy with her new internship, aren't you, yerim?" joohyun mocked.

"it's really fun, though!! i get to see what people do at their boring desk jobs and everyone's really nice to me!!" yerim squealed, her smile landing on sooyoung's gaze.

"that's really nice. life must be really nice for you."