Ashes |CH 3|

After a while of hiding there and waiting, it had gone quiet....well for the most part.
Other then the occasional crackle of the fire, and the sobbing from the humans.

Once I was sure it was safe I jumped down from the tree, glancing around.
seeing no sign of the fox, or any other yokai for that matter.

I walked into what was the small village known as konetetsu village, though it was mostly ash and ruin now.
Blood and bodies lay across the ground everywhere.

I didn't enjoy killing humans like I did most yokai, I try to avoid humans for the most part.
I looked around as I walked around examining the damage, bored and annoyed.

A few people screamed or ran when they saw me, others shouted at me in complete rage.
I ignored them, though they made that hard sometimes..

I felt a small pull on my tail, I turned in both shock and rage, ready to fight whoever or whatever had the nerve to touch me! Human or not!

To my surprise upon turning I seen no one, looking down a bit.

It was a human, but a small human.
It couldn't have been older then 3.... but where were its guardians.

It was a small boy with black hair and blue eyes.
Not sure what to do, I lifted him up, following his scent best I could, though struggling for a little while due to the scent of blood and ash filling the air I eventually tracked his scent  back to a burned house with a woman crying in front of it.

"My baby! my poor baby boy! i'm sorry!!"
She continues to sob.

I growled in slight annoyance and confusion, the small human was currently toying with my ears.
I walked to the woman "Excuse me?"

She turns after a moment and looks up at me in shock and fear, but soon erupts into more tears.
She takes the human child from me and hugs him tightly.

'ew...I think it drooled on me.....rescuing humans..not something i would like to make a habit of..' I think to myself with a sigh.
I turn walking back towards the forest from which I came, already trying to think of a village close to  this one, i had been relying on this one for food, it was small so it usually didn't attract much attention, it relied on the occasional traveling merchants.

My thinking was intterupted by a weak and cracking voice.
"W-wait!" It echoed around the ruins,  I turned to see the woman, she was now facing me with a bright and cheerful smile.

"Thank you! so much!" she says, clinging to the small human as if her life depended on it.
Tears were still dripping from her swollen and red eyes.

'I nearly forgot..just how weak humans are...their bodies are so fragile...'
I gave her a smile and a nod, turning back to the forest.
I then continued to walk back to the forest, stopping once i got there.

The sky was filled with ashes and smoke, the ashes falling and covering the ground....kinda like snow.. it was almost..pretty...

I turn back to the forest jumping back into the trees, and going about my way.