Chapter 5

Recap:

I went to stand next to him. The plan was simple. Start a conversation with him, flirt and keep him interested, then grey eyed waiter would come with two glasses of champagne, Sean's would be drugged so that he could pass out. To the onlookers we would say that he had been drinking too much and needed to get home and then drive to the abandoned firehouse where Rafe's men were waiting to interrogate Sean and to clarify territory rules and then everyone could live happily ever after. I should have known that it wouldn't be that easy, especially the happily ever after part.

Before I could open my mouth to say something, a deep voice belonging to the sexy blonde next to me said:

"So, how long have you been watching me?"

*********************************************************************

Chapter 5:

I gasped. Damn it, he knows that we have been following him. He probably knows everything. This is a disaster. What am I suppose to do now? Rafe is gonna kill me. I will never be able to complete the plan now and take him to the warehouse. See, I knew that this was a bad plan as soon as Rafe suggested it. I knew this would happen. I just knew! Wait! Hold on a second....If he knows, why would he make the effort of coming here tonight? Maybe he's just playing all of us for fools. Maybe he wants me to break down and confess. But if he already knows everything then break down and confess what? Ohh, even my own thoughts are not making any sense right now. No Olivia, play it cool. Maybe he doesn't know everything. Just carry on with the plan for now and don't panic! I was too busy mentally debating with my self and only realised after a while that he was still waiting for my reply.

"Excuse me, I'm not sure I know what you mean." I turned my body to the right so that I was facing him, only to find those amazing green eyes looking at me. The corner of his lips were turned upwards as if he was trying to keep himself from laughing out loud.

So I was amusing him.

"Don't get me wrong. I don't mind a beautiful girl such as yourself checking me out but I was wondering did you see me in a different room and the follow me in here or did you just see me now and couldn't wait another moment before you came up here pretending to be interested in the painting but really wanting to talk to me?"

Somewhere in the back of my mind a part of me registered that he has a sexy husky voice accompanied by an even more attractive British accent but I was too busy taking in what he just said for it too fully register. He thought I was flirting with him. Oh good, thank God! I felt like giggling, I was so relieved. He doesn't know about us. I can carry on with the plan. Rafe won't kill me and before I know it, I'll be home out of this silly tight dress and in my pyjamas watching SpongeBob. Wonder if we have any more of my favourite Ben and Jerry ice cream? Maybe I can make a quick stop to the shop after....Wait, what? Did he just say that I was checking him out and following him around? Conceited jerk!

True we have been following him but not me personally. In fact, I've been running around all night looking for him NOT following him! There is a huge massive difference. And he couldn't possibly know that I was watching him when I came in, he had his back turned towards me!

"Hey!" I exclaimed pointing a finger in his chest. Hmm, hard abs..."For your information I was not watching or following you. I was merely enjoying this beautiful painting." I turned towards the painting on the wall in front of us using the same finger that I poked him with to point at the art, pretending to study it.

"Hmmm, interesting use of colours..." I murmured to myself, pretending to understand the piece. And failing miserably from the look on Sean's face.