Chapter 9

I couldn't look at him, he almost just killed someone right in front of me. I walked away from him and around the tree. "Darling," he whispered walking towards me, but I walked away again. "What's wrong?" he asked moving closer to me.

"Is that really a question you need to ask? I mean you almost killed someone right here in front of me! And you act like it was just no big deal," I said sternly as I turned to face him, anger and sadness filling my eyes. "I mean I thought you were trying to change!"

"Darling-"

"No, don't 'Darling' me! I mean honestly, did you think I wouldn't be upset at you?" I asked starting to kinda yell. I could see the surprise in his face when I did and to be honest, I was surprised too, it just kind of came out of my mouth though.

"I didn't think. I just saw him and didn't want him to lay one finger on you. I mean he wasn't in the right state of mind Wendy, he was drunk as always. What if he hit you? Or worse? Huh?" he said stating his point.

"I can fight my own battles, I'm not a child," I said as I started to calm down. "I not helpless."

He stepped closer to me one last time, but I didn't move back this time. "Darling," he started sweetly, "I know that. That is one of the many things I love about you. You don't need me to help you like all of the other girls I've met, but if I can't keep a nasty drunken pirate away from you then what can I?" he finished stepping one small step closer.

"Peter, you aren't just here to keep me safe. You're here because I want you to be, whether you found him or didn't find him in time to keep me safe, I would still feel the same way about you." I said and leaned in for a hug.

"So how about that tour?" he said leaning away from me and grabbing my hand.

I let a small sweet smile form on my face, "That sounds great," I replied my smile growing slightly. "But don't think for a second that this means you are off the hook Mr."

He tugged on my hand as he led me into the heart of Neverland. We walked straight for a while and we were deep in the forest. Weird looking trees and fallen branches covered the trail. Each step that led us deeper in made me slightly more scared.

*CRUNCH*

I jumped up and towards Peter at the sound of me accidentally stepping on a twig. "Are you alright Darling?" he asked me as I wrapped my arms around his bicep. I saw the smallest smile on his face as I squeezed his bicep harder to assure I was safe. "I can tell you that you are safe here, with me. I will protect you with all I have."

After a while of walking, we got out of the forest and he stopped right in front of me. "Why are you stopping?" I asked him.

"I just wanted to make sure you are doing okay. I mean after you got scared back there I just wanted to make sure you are fine," he said simply with love in his eyes.

"I can assure you that I am fine now, that forest was so dark and scary and you know it!" I said defensively as he chuckled at me.

"Follow me," he said starting to walk again. We didn't go straight for much longer, turning right towards a bunch of tents and a couple of young boys wandering around. "This is the Lost Boy's camp," he said stopping in his place. "And those are the Lost Boys," he said gesturing to the few kids walking, "some of the Lost Boys," he corrected himself.

It was relatively early in the morning so most of the Lost Boys were still asleep. He walked over to me and wrapped his hand around my waist. "Let's go over here Darling," he said walking over to the water.

"What are you doing?"

He gave me his signature smirk and pulled off his shirt. "Let's go swimming," he said to me as he walked into the water.

"Uh-uh. As you know this is a new dress and I'm not trying to get it wet," I replied sternly.

"Come on Darling! If you don't want to get the dress dirty then take it off," he said simply.

"In my underwear!? No thank you."

"What if I magic you up something for you to swim in?"

I thought.... did I really want to swim? "I guess," I finally muttered as he looked at me awaiting the answer.

Then with a wave of his hand that green smoke blew over me, and as it faded I looked down and saw a light blue one-piece swimsuit that matched the color of my dress. A big smile appeared on my face as I ran to Peter in the water. "You really need to stop spoiling me with all of these magic gifts," I chuckled as he wrapped his arms around me.

"But how can I not? You're always so grateful for them, and to see that smile on your face I would do anything," he said as he leaned in and kissed me.