Chapter 12

I woke up the next day, in the bed in our hut, alone. We were always here together, and now he's not with me, he's doing god knows what. Whoever came to the island must be terrifying if Peter was that worried, I mean look at him and how terrible he is. How bad can this person be? I'm scared, I know that no one can get in because of the spell, but she must have magic too if he is so worried about whoever it is. I'm even scared for him, sure he can take care of himself but I still worry.

...

Days and days go by, and I haven't seen him. Ever since the first night when he cast the sleeping spell, I haven't been able to get much sleep. I just sit in here worrying all day.

...

One day when I actually was able to sleep, I was woken by something. Startled I jumped up from the bed, then I saw something familiar. Green smoke. Happy to see him again I ran and jumped into his arms.

"What are you doing?" he asked. Quickly I pulled away and realized, this wasn't Peter, it was the Lost Boy, Felix.

"Oh I-I'm sorry," I replied, very embarrassed. I backed up a little bit so we weren't so standing so close. "What are you doing here?"

"Pan, he sent me here to be with you. He didn't want you to be alone anymore," he replied looking at me. "He is trying, but she is powerful, really powerful."

"Who is she?" I asked. All I knew for sure about her is that she is a she and that she is powerful, close to the same as Peter or more.

"The Black Fairy," Felix replied as he walked from in front of me and started looking around the hut. "This place is, cute, nice, and cozy. I like it"

"Can we stay on topic? Who is this Black Fairy? And why was Peter so worried?" I said.

"Oh yeah. Well, she and Pan have a... history together, and it ended in not the best way. He knew she would come to find him one day, but he didn't know when. And she's here." he said in a quiet tone.

"History? Like a romantic history? Did they use to.... date?" I questioned not sure if I wanted to know the answer. I had just assumed I was the first, considering that I am the only girl on the island.

"Do you really want to know the answer to that?" he asked. I just looked at him, I mean part of me was scared of the answer but another part needed to know the answer. "Yes, they used to have a romantic relationship," Felix finished. I looked down at the floor. I mean it's unreasonable for me to be jealous and I shouldn't care, I mean this was before we met. I still had this feeling in my gut, it made me feel a type of jealousy that I have never felt before. "Hey," he said putting a hand on my shoulder to comfort me, "what he had with her, I'm sure it is nothing compared to what you two have, and how you feel about each other."

"You're sure? Did you not see them together?"

"No, this relationship happened before he was the Pan we know today. I have just heard a few stories of her."

"Wait, he had a life before he was here? He wasn't always this way?" I mean I guess it makes sense. If there's no other girls here how would he have been born here? I just never really thought about it I guess

"Yeah, and it was with her. Neither of them were like how they are now when they met. From what I heard what they had brought out the worst in each other," he said making me feel better. "And from what I have seen, you bring out the good in him, that none of the Lost Boys thought he had." I smiled, how could I not? Knowing that I made him better, brought him happiness. "Hey it's getting late, you should get some sleep."

"I haven't been sleeping much since he left," I uttered

"Even more of a reason to try, he wouldn't want you to stay up day and night worrying." He was right, I knew it, but I just can't sleep.