chapter 4

"What do you want?" I questioned skeptically as I held the hilt of the Rakugetsu sword.

"Patience." Rakugestsu said before disappearing.

Where'd you go?

"You'll find me again. Sooner than you think." I heard him say before completely disappearing.

That left me confused. What was I supposed to do now? Where did he go? Why was he here?

"Keika?" Tanmoku Ki asked snapping me out of my thoughts. "What's going on?"

"Huh?" I asked turning to him. My hand had left the hilt of my sword by now. Actually it had left the hilt soon as he disappeared.

"What's going on? What was that I saw and who are you talking to?" Tanmoku Ki asked frowning curious.

"That was Rakugestu. He told me the same thing he told me before. When I stabbed you." I said frowning at the ground. I felt tears welling up in my eyes.

Everytime I think about that moment I get emotional. I dont ever want to hurt him. I love him but sadly it has to be from afar. I'm a spirit. Already dead. Hes still alive. Theres no way we'd be able to be together. Plus he has Shin Shiyou.

"Keika?" Tanmoku Ki asked worried.

I glanced up once again to see him frowning at me. "I'm sorry Tanmoku Ki what did you say?"

"I asked if you if he was still here?" He asked me slowly eye brows furrowed together in concern.

"Huh? Uh no he's gone." I said voice trailing off. I glanced back to the spot that Rakugestu had just been thinking. What did he want me for? Was he going to make me hurt Tanmoku Ki? I wouldnt be able to bare it if I hurt Tanmoku Ki again because of him.

It would destroy me. I'm his spirit shadow. I'm the one who is supposed to protect Tanmoku Ki. Me. No one else. And In Tetsu wouldn't hesitate to kill me. As he wants to be Tanmoku Ki's spirit shadow.

"How did he get here?" Tanmoku Ki asked confused. I just shook my head. As I also had no answer.

"I dont know." I replied. I had decided to keep that last part of him returning to myself. As it would only worry Tanmoku Ki even more. And he has enough stress on his mind.

I dont need to worry him with something as trivial as this. When I can easily take care of it.

Besides he cant see him meaning he  cant do anything. I can.

That's the spirit shadows job to take care of the things that he cant.

"Why dont you get back to work Tanmoku Ki. You must be busy." I said smiling changing the subject. I didnt want to linger on this subject any longer. In fear of my thoughts leaking through to him.

Because it has happened before unintentionally. And it embarrassed me a lot.

"Uh ok. What are you going to do?" He asked as we both started to head back to the main house.

I smiled and shook my head. "Find Shin Shiyou to play video games I guess." I answered. Although I highly doubt that would happen.

The minute I was out and alone I knew In Tetsu would be waiting for me. To grill me about my encounter.

When we finally got in and we parted ways. I watched him disappear before I headed back outside to the forest where I knew In Tetsu would be. Waiting for me. And if I didn't show up there he'd find me and grill me wherever I was. Even if I wasn't alone he'd do it. And he would make me talk.

If I had any chance of taking care of this without Tanmoku Ki worrying then I had to talk this out with In Tetsu alone. In his own territory away from Tanmoku Ki.

"Your back." In Tetsu said serious hopping down from a branch and walking towards me. "What was that back there?"

"That was Rakugestu. I dont know how he got back but Tanmoku Ki cant see him nor hear him." I explained. He furrowed his brows in frustration.

"Was that the reason you kissed him?" He asked simply.

"Rakugestu told me to. So Tanmoku Ki  would see that he was there." I said frowning  I didnt like this one bit. "Hes gone now but I dont plan on telling Tanmoku Ki about it. He cant do anything against something he cant see."

"So the only one who can see him is you." He said crossing his arms.

"What does that mean for Ki-sama?" Kau asked In Tetsu worried. He supports his head.

"Did he say what he wanted?" In Tetsu asked.

"No." I answered.

(Hahaha)

I frowned immediately hearing that voice. I tended up as I saw Rakugestu appear standing behind In Tetsu blind folded.

What do you want?

(Hahaha) Be careful of what you say.

Is that a threat?

(Hahaha)

"KEIKA!" In Tetsu yelled. I finally snapped my head from Rakugestu who was still standing there laughing to In Tetsu who was gripping my shoulders hard.

"What? Let me go!" I roughly shook him off.

"Is he here?!" He asked angrily. He was glaring at me. I knew his anger wasnt towards me.

In my peripheral vision I saw Rakugestu shake his head no grinning.

"No hes not." I said eyes not leaving the youkai. He frowned and glared at me. This time it was meant for me.

"You're lying." He accused. Yes of course but why. Why was I listening to Rakugestu? I had no answer. All I knew was my gut was to listen to him and find out how he got here and what he wanted.

"Leave me alone." I pushed past him following Rakugestu as he started to walk off after waving me to follow.

I heard a frustrated sigh. He knew I wasnt going to talk. He must've known Rakugestu was there. Nothing passes by him.

My question was, what was he going to do with that information.

Where are we going?

(Hahaha) You'll see.