The Transferee Student

Everything is gray, as if it's gonna rain. Everyday is pain, make it go away. How can I take care of myself?~

Humming along the tune of my favorite song made by my friend, I listened intensely to the music and lyrics of the song. The weather was absolutely perfect with my emotions right now- gray skies, loud rain and chilly atmosphere. I sat at the corner of the room leaning against the window while watching droplets of rain fall down the glass. I opened my diary and wrote,

Dear Diary,

It has been a week since my parents had divorced. My sister is in the hospital. I live alone now and I'm struggling myself to earn money for my daily expenses. It's not that I'm complaining but, I'm getting tired. Lonely. Scared. I don't know what to do with my life anymore. I think you can name me "The Most Unfortunate Girl in the World." Of course, I need to go back to reality and face all of these things... But please, tell me, when will he come back?

The bell rang and I placed my diary inside my bag.

My name is Ellie. Ellie Richards. But for some, they just call me Elric, for short. Or if you'd like, El would be fine. I have shoulder-length auburn hair and emerald green eyes. I guess I'm just one of those regular girls- not too skinny, not too fat. Not too ugly, not too attractive. I guess you would just call me normal.

Now back to the classroom.

Our adviser came and she shushed the class. "Everyone," she said in a loud voice. "Meet your new classmate. Please get along with him, okay?" she sadi. "Yes Ma'am Laigne," the class cried in unison. Ma'am Laigne gestured the student waiting outside to come inside the class. It was a boy wearing a wet black hooded jacket. When he removed the hood of his jacket, I almost jumped out of my seat because the girls were screaming like crazy. That's because our new classmate was the popular singing idol Raven Blaque. What's he doing here? Isn' t he a celebrity? Why would he go to a place like this? (-_-") I keep asking myself those in my head.

"Excuse me ma'am," he suddenly spoke up and everyone became quiet.

"What is it Raven?"

"Can I choose my seat this time? Please?" He asked in pleading way with puppy-like eyes.

"Go ahead." Then he looked around. Every girl was holding their breath, wishing he would kick their seatmate and sit next to them. Tch. Annoying girls.

"There! Next to the girl with the earphones," he pointed the seat next to mine.

Oh great. The popular idol sits next to me and what do I get in return? More trouble. That's what.

Class started but Raven talked to me like it was nothing.

"D-do you remember me?" He asked with anxiety. I just looked at him with bewilderment and said, "What are you talking about?" I din't mean to hurt his feelings but when I answered that, he seemed rather in pain.

"Oh. Okay. :( " Then silence.

~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ •

*yawn* I stretched a bit after second period and we still have classes. Everyone was out of their seats. Raven was busy talking and meeting new friends in class.

Bell rang and it was third period.

Great! ^_^ Now I have more time to sleep XD these night-shifts and excess overtime in my part-time job is killing me (-_-)

I jotted these words down in my diary and closed it before sleeping. I know sleeping in class is not allowed, but my eyes couldn't take it anymore @_@