Chapter 2

It'd been several long, boring hours and as I looked around the outside of the slammer, I found that Newt was strolling towards Ashley and I. He stood outside the slammer door. "Another pair of girls appeared in the box, and they know just as much about us than you two. Gally decided to take them to the pit, but then a boy turned up. Aris, I think that was his name. If you guys need to tell Alby, or myself anything more, tell me now." Newt's face was serious, and I felt guilty that I had left out so many details. "Why, why should we tell you? Gally locked us in here." Ashley yelled. "And anyway, if those girls are Charli and Dilsta, I wouldn't be surprised."
"What, so you know? How? Your memory?" Newt pleaded for us to tell him everything, but we telepathically decided to keep our mouths shut. It could be dangerous and Gally might pull out a gathering and banish us, which would not be good. ''If you tell me everything you know, it might get us out of this place and we could be safe for once, instead of being stung and hurt by the grievers. We've lost one greenie already, who wanted to be a runner." Newt put a lot of emphasis into that phrase, with a depressing look. Then he continued, "Tell us everything you know and you guys could be outta here, but of course it's your choice." Ashley, if we tell him, he'll find out that he's not immune to the Flare, when everyone else is, even us. I explained to Ashley, into her mind. Just leave the facts about the Flare, and everyone being immune but him. Ashley replied.