We need to talk

(warning later it gets abit erm...'suggestive' but no smut will be in this book sorry,,)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dream didn't sleep well that night.

No matter how hard he tried,he kept tossing and turning before getting up and moving about until his knees grew weak and he flopped onto the bed once more,surrounding himself in the warm.

A defeated groan was released into the pillow—he just couldn't stop thinking about what happened,it kept replaying in his mind over and over again.For some reason the vulnerable expression of Nightmare replayed in his mind,his eyes softened and his shoulders relaxed,showing a more smaller self.

Dream wanted nothing more than to comfort that figure,to soothe it and tell it that everything's gonna be alright.

He would like to see that part of him again.

He hoped he could see that part of him.

He wanted to be close to that part of him.

Dream snuggled further into the blankets..to be close to Nightmare,it felt so right but it also felt like something was meant for them,a word you could say–to describe them.

But what was that word? He didn't want to label them without Nightmare's considerations but what if his word was different from the one Dream was feeling?

Dream yawned as he closed his eyes,he can talk about it with Nightmare in the morning,whatever it was it had to be.

He was tired of mulling around in his own thoughts.

———————-

The morning was uneventful to Dream as he continued to do his chores around the place,his thoughts wandered off to things he wanted to say.

Afternoon came and went,he had been finding himself getting more and more nervous as time moved on towards said talk,time was moving fast but not enough to stop his longing dread he felt.

Despite what has happened and all the trauma they both went through,Nightmare was allowing a vulnerable part of him to Dream and the guardian was gonna use it wisely.

Evening set In and if was soon settling into the lighter guardian that it was time,he was extremely anxious and he wasn't gonna deny that.His mouth felt dry and he couldn't stop himself twiddling his slightly twitching fingers,he continued the path that led to Nightmare's Room.it felt colder the more he moved in,sending shivers down his spine.

The hallway was dark,spare for a few streams of faint purple light that danced along with the violet curtains.The large embroidered doors came into view as well as two guards that stood by them.

Dream walked right up to those doors,allowing the guards to know he was present and letting them loom over him.

"State your purpose" said one of the guards.

"I'm here to speak to Nightmare" Dream answered.

The guards laughed at him "sorry,our lord doesn't speak to low hanging fruits like you"

Dream but his tongue–Stars he was so close and close enough to slap them silly.

"Well–actually Nightmare requested my presence—"

Dream was cut off by the other guard "Yeah punk we ain't buying it,no ones allowed in The lord's room"

The two guards continued to laugh at the smaller skeleton until the door behind clicked and the room fell silent.