Just a night out?

Akira's POV

I absolutely dread midterms week. It's one of those times when the entire world seems to go against you. I have to study for my statistics midterm which is tomorrow and magically my French professor decides to shift the deadline of my essay to tomorrow because she's going to be out of town for the next few days and cannot grade our essays on time. Jeez. Extra work.

Coming to Cambridge all the way from Hyderabad was one of the best decisions I've made in my life but days like these make me question that... I didn't know the work load would be this high when I applied. "Ahh good ol' UCAS and college applications days" I think to myself as I type my French essay.

*next day*

I'm finally done with all my midterms!! I'm pretty sure I'm going to fail half of them but hey, at least they're over.
As I walk back to my dorm, I text my best friend cum roomie Mimi. We were assigned to be roommates and we attended orientation together and we've been inseparable since. I don't know what I would do without her.

Texts between Akira & Mimi

A: yoooo! I'm done!! What time do you get out?
M: yayayay I'm so happy for you!! Gawd I've one more to go! I'll be done by 5 pm!
A: let's go out tonight?! It's the weekend and we survived midterms!! Party time, love!
M: OF COURSE. Toy room?
A: yesssss!! Let's do it!
M: see you back in the dorm baby! Bye xo

We're heading out tonight! It's been a while since we did that. The last time we went clubbing, the girls we went out with ended up puking outside the club after getting wasted and it was such a bad experience. I hope all goes well tonight.

"HIIII baby!!!" yells Mimi as she barges into our dorm. "I'm finally done with this stupid test!!"
"Yayyyy!! Mimi we did it! First batch of midterms done & dusted!" I say as I engulf her in a bear hug.
We gossip and waste time for the next few hours.
"Damn it's 9 pm already! We gotta get dressed, straighten out hair, do our makeup - omg omg omg!!" exclaims Mimi once she checks time.
"Mimi it's fine! We just want to let off some steam. Jeans and top would do!" I say with an exasperated face.
"Nooo!! It's the Toy Room! That place is filled with hot guys. Who knows we might even back home with a bunch of hotties." says Mimi with a wink.
God this girl has way too many expectations I think to myself as I go for a shower before I get ready for the night out.

*Two hours later*

We finally reached the place after spending the past two hours rummaging through our wardrobes for the perfect dresses and going through countless YouTube videos to achieve that subtle sexy look. I wore a black sleeveless bodycon dress which barely covers my behind with a pair of black Louboutins. I kept my accessories to the minimum and just wore some drop earrings. Mimi can be too demanding sometimes but I love her. She spent a good 20 minutes just doing my hair. Gosh. But I do look so much better than my regular college self.

We're in line to get into the club. There seem to be more bouncers today than the previous times we've been here. I wonder what's so special today? Maybe they invited a rapper for a gig.
After we finally make our way in and dance for a bit, we go to the bar to get some drinks. That's when I realize the reason for all the extra bouncers - the Indian Cricket Team is here!

(Thank you for reading! Should I post the pictures of the outfits? Feedback and suggestions are welcome!)